PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa a report from below...

HiTechKoke
07-02-2010, 09:55 PM
I finally got around to putting together my underwater video of Berryessa. There's no report other than what the fish were doing on camera which is always interesting. I posted this in the video section here:

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/showthread.php?t=3537

or you can just go to the YouTube link directly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eH79W0MSPM

I added the copyright free audio track as well that I think matches the mood. I really wanted to put in "Alice Cooper's School's out for Summer" but then you might see ads in the video.

In any case enjoy the show.

Kevin

Fishon18
07-03-2010, 01:40 AM
HTK,

I've always wondered what went on down there.
Great video and we all appreciate the work that's involved in putting them together.

Thanks for sharing..

Scott

eenakoK
07-03-2010, 02:08 AM
101goodpost101
Thank you so much for taking the time to put those together! It is great to see what the fish are doing.. My kids have always asked what it looks like down there, this was a great opportunity to show them! Thanks again! thumbsup

Fallriverguy
07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Awesome video!

MJCook6
07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
That is amazing Kevin...

Thanks for sharing...
I was already fired up for tomorrows adventure...that just pushed me over the edge...

MJ

DLM
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I notice what looks like a weight attached to the release and a very heavy line attached to the release. What is the function of the weight and why do you use such a heavy line to the release?

HiTechKoke
07-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I notice what looks like a weight attached to the release and a very heavy line attached to the release. What is the function of the weight and why do you use such a heavy line to the release?

First off Tks for the kind comments from everyone as the vids are meant to be educational as one should know their prey before stalking it. :-) There's a lot to be learned in the subtle behavior in context with the bite mood of the fish as well.

DLM - The weights are there on the release cable to allow me to adjust the rig up or down to get it into the video. With the slight blow back on the cable every thing is up slightly off center / kilter. I have a pretty narrow window (wish it was wide angle) to get everything in view so this helps me do that. Normally you don't see this clip but I have been switching the adjustments lately to make things easier to get it down to depth and in view. There is a lot of adjustment / frustration in getting it down correctly without tangling the blowback line into the lure setup since we are talking about a setback of about 2 feet from the cable camera. Also the weight of my dodger setup plays a part in pulling the rig up or down to have it in view. Hopefully that explains it.

Kevin

Fallriverguy
07-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I just noticed in the video, that the fish strike from about a 45 degree angle to the lure. When they are being very aggressive, they really swipe at the lure.