PDA

View Full Version : 7-01 Green Peter

daveo
07-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Fished 6 to 10 this morning with my son and did ok. Quit with 30 and headed for home. Early morning bite again was good .43 feet seemed to be the magic depth with the same blue and white hootchies working well. We ran 3 different dodgers and found a 2 tone brass and silver to be the most effective for us. Started with craw anise corn and never tried anything else. Sure slows down for us as the sun gets higher around 10 or so, dont know if thet just go off the bite or we need to change tatics? Anyway it was a fun morning in a beautifull spot. Daveo

river hunter
07-02-2010, 03:05 AM
thanks for the report, im deffanly looking forward to my two trip to gp sat/sun. thats what ive been hearing bout the depth, seems like there getting abit deeper

Cannon
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Sure slows down for us as the sun gets higher around 10 or so, dont know if thet just go off the bite or we need to change tatics? Anyway it was a fun morning in a beautifull spot. Daveo
Try dropping your presentation deeper as the sun gets higher in the sky. I also avoid trolling into the shadow of my boat. Usually by ten or eleven I am fishing up to 50 or 55 feet. As you fish deeper, make sure you are using glow lures as opposed to just painted or UV lures. If the wind comes up, watch the fish finder because a lot of times the fish will move up in the water column.

R&K hoochies are red hot right now, especially the micro hoochies.