PDA

View Full Version : Arrowrock Res Report

Kokanee Troller
07-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Spent the day on Arrowrock and caught 8 Squaw fish...no kokes. Tried everything and changed depth..10,20,30,ft nothing...so I'll go to Anderson next week.

F-Bomb
07-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Similar results here a few weeks ago. About ten squawks to every trout then a kok once in awhile...almost can't keep the NPM off your stuff long enough to catch an eater! It's too bad we don't have a bounty on em here like on the Columbia. It would almost be like having a "reel" job!

Did they grade that rode yet? Brutal.....I guess it semi keeps the non-fish rec crowd down so you can fish, but dang! LP has been way more productive and it's an hour more fishing time when the road is that way.

RickM
07-02-2010, 12:45 AM
It is sad to see such a good fishery go to trash fish. It would be nice if the fish and game put a program together like they did at Cascade Lake to get rid of the NPM.

Mojo
07-02-2010, 01:53 AM
They make great bait for sturgeon and catfish. We hooked 2 sturgeon last weekend on 1 fish (1 half at a time) Spread the word...

Also there is a game called NPM Baseball involving the fish and a bonker bat, but that is cruel and I would never do something like that...

F-Bomb
07-26-2010, 11:16 AM
THE GOOD:
This weekend the squaw and bow ratio went way up per koke. There are at least 75 less squawkers in AR (only about 5 million left to go). The three (yes only THREE) kokes were the biggest and most aggressive I've ever caught. Just a whisker under the magic 19" size and looked like silver footballs.

THE BAD:
Apparantly they were filming the season finale of COPS at AR Saturday night. There must have been an annual Idaho Idiots convention going on at Arrow Rock as well to insure that they got a good group to select from. They were all there! I'd have lost a million dollar bet that there were that many cops available that far from anywhere civilized and that they would go that far to police. One disturbance has now bancrupted the county.

THE UGLY:
Trailer trash tribal warfare at Irish Point campground.