PDA

View Full Version : Berry Bad... 6/25 to 6/27

Full_Monte
06-29-2010, 01:07 AM
The kokes were hiding. No one was killing them. Most people were getting one to two in a day's fishing. The moon was full, the lake lice were out on Sat/Sun.
No one was even marking Kokes regularly, with a few per hour being normal. I don't know where they went. We burned a lot of gas looking around the lake for them, but couldn't find them. With 165 miles of coastline, it's a very hefty job to look everywhere they might be. The temperatures were high 90's...hot, hot, hot!

DWT
06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
We burnt lots of gas too and found the same results you did.101yawn It's like maybe they were hiding in the backs of the coves.rolleyes

Full_Monte
06-29-2010, 10:12 PM
I checked that, too. The closer I got to shore, the warmer the water got, so I thought they wouldn't be there. 80 degrees seemed too warm. There were fish there, but they seemed likely to be trout instead. We didn't catch any of them close to shore either, so I can't verify my theory.
My theory is that they were down deep somewhere in the lake, but not where the fleet usually fishes.

S.S. Fireball
07-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I fished Berryessa for about 7 hours on Saturday June 26. Two nice 14", one fat 12" plus one barely big enough to get hooked that was released to grow - all kokes. Four hook-ups, four in the boat was a good ratio but not the quantity we were hoping for in terms of action. The best setup was on sep's watermelon dodger & watermelon radical glow tube. The only other set up that produced was a sep's blue tire track dodger with an RMT rainbow spinner. Corn was dyed pink with procure kokanee wizard dye & attractant.... this was the only flavor that worked out of 4 others, with herring scent a-la T-Roy Barr.

Depths were 35 - 50 for the strikes but I did vary depths outside of that range.

Full_Monte
07-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that! I know things change by the minute out there. It's good to know someone was doing well.

DWT
07-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Our total was a double of juvinile kokes around 12" that we released, a fat 17" koke, and lost a similar fish behind the boat. All, hours apart and in different areas.