PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Too Short

Bduck
06-28-2010, 11:52 AM
What originally started to be a day trip at the Gorge turned into a 3 day event. After getting camp setup Friday, went out for about 1 1/2 hrs and was able to boat a couple kokes. Was able to sleep better that night knowing the edge was taken off. golucky Got a late start Sat am waiting for the winds to settle down. When we finally got on the water, fished south of the pipeline for the day in different areas and boated approx 30 kokes. I think I saw water temp @62F( I have a case of CRS right now). Pink, oranges, & blues were the colors. Caught a couple on a watermelon RGT stinger. One time, my wife had a double hookup. She was putting sunscream on her face when the first rod tripped. A painted warrior koke fishing. laugh hyst I have a pick of it but she said she would kill me if I post it. No more than she picked up one rod, the other tripped. With her handicap situation, she needed help in this overwhelming condition. So, as much as it saddened me(nottttt), I stepped up to the plate and took the other rod. 2 nice kokes @ about 3lbs each 21" in length. At one other time we even had a triple hookup. Thank you koke gods. Sunday morning til about 10, we had another 15 fish hookup. But it was my wife that caught most of the fish this time with all of the little mishaps with equipment going on. Anything from crossed lines, running aground with the downriggers(only lost one dodger & squid setup) and a couple birds nests that one was so bad, I had to strip & cut some line away. A short weekend but very much fun. I did pay a price. I spranged my right foot preping the boat at camp Sat morn. My hands are raw from being chapped, cracked, got cut up, and several hook ups(ouch) into the fingers. Also have several nicks, cuts & abrasions on my legs. Going back on the 8th-11th to do it again. I can't wait. thumbsup tooexcited

MJCook6
06-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Great Report!!

Those are some fat boys!

MJ

justfish
06-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Great to see you had a good time it's nice when the bit is onsignfishinawesomereport see you in two weeks

binthere50
06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Nice.......good report, very nice kokes......way to go !

oldguysrule
06-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I will also be there on the 10th and 11th hope to meet you guys. good job on the kokes.awesomereport

fishinfrenzy
06-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Nice fish...We also fished there Sunday morning, caught quite a few, but most were small, just kept releasing them for next year. Fished Anvil Saturday and ended up with 5 at 2.5 - 3 lbs. Most after initial morning 15 feet down, dropped to 30 feet and had a blast with the poles. Used blue squid behind sling blade and also tried a Tasmanian Devil that got lots of attention. Hope to meet up soon...

redmanjr1
06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Nice fish Roger! Hope to hit the lake this weekend (Anderson Ranch).

Bob

halojm
06-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Good to see you got into them Roger. Best thing was just seeing that you made it up to the lake again. I had a heck of a time doing it all by myself. Especially Saturday in the wind. steering, netting, catching doubles by your self is quit the circuus. Looking forward to the next trip. I did have a camera with me but no one to take a picture. I can stumble thrrough doing three things at once but I can't do four.tooexcited

Bduck
06-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Good to see you got into them Roger. Best thing was just seeing that you made it up to the lake again. I had a heck of a time doing it all by myself. Especially Saturday in the wind. steering, netting, catching doubles by your self is quit the circuus. Looking forward to the next trip. I did have a camera with me but no one to take a picture. I can stumble thrrough doing three things at once but I can't do four.tooexcited

I hear what your saying Rob. I should have been on the water early Sat. The luxury of waiting for my other half to get out of bed. I usually take a thermous of coffee out on the boat, but not this time. I was able to enjoy it back at camp. Taking pictures is always a job by yourself. Especially when the fish get to be camera shy. laugh hyst All of my stumblings shows that I got beat up by the bully on the block. I think I'll take the next weekend off and heal for a little bit. After all, I'm back up there on the 8th of July.

jacksonlaker
06-29-2010, 07:09 PM
I was also there in the fleet on Sunday morning. Put 5 in the boat and lost as many....all small. I was the one in the silver and white crestliner with the barking bulldog. I wound up hooking him too. He hit a white squid with a bahama mama dodger. I yanked it out of his mouth and he wanted to do it again !! He also fell in off the shore on Sat. Bulldogs cant swim so I had to do a quick rescue. Next time the wife and dog stay home !!!

halojm
06-29-2010, 08:18 PM
I was also there in the fleet on Sunday morning. Put 5 in the boat and lost as many....all small. I was the one in the silver and white crestliner with the barking bulldog. I wound up hooking him too. He hit a white squid with a bahama mama dodger. I yanked it out of his mouth and he wanted to do it again !! He also fell in off the shore on Sat. Bulldogs cant swim so I had to do a quick rescue. Next time the wife and dog stay home !!! I remember you. I was in the Rocky Mountain Boat. Said that was a good looking fish dog when I passed you. Great looking dog.

Im4kokanee
07-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I was also there in the fleet on Sunday morning. Put 5 in the boat and lost as many....all small. I was the one in the silver and white crestliner with the barking bulldog. I wound up hooking him too. He hit a white squid with a bahama mama dodger. I yanked it out of his mouth and he wanted to do it again !! He also fell in off the shore on Sat. Bulldogs cant swim so I had to do a quick rescue. Next time the wife and dog stay home !!!

Now that's laugh hyst laugh hyst funny right there! 3

Need to Hook up with someone soon....