PDA

View Full Version : 75 Kok’s @ Green Peter 6/26/10

kokaneekid
06-27-2010, 12:25 AM
75 Kok’s @ Green Peter 6/26/10

So my wife Debbie & father in-law Jerry went with me on this adventure. I would love to check out other lakes, but Green Peter has been so good to me and today was my best turnout yet. My goal was 50 kokanee, but I had reached that number by 12:30 and my wife wasn’t ready to go home yet. So by 3:30 I caught my last double and had to let one of the kok’s go and left the lake with 75 very nice fish. The fish started out at 50 feet but when the wind picked up they move up to 30. The hot flash was a UV blue sling blade from Shasta Tackle, and a hot lure was a UV Pearl R & K hoochie. I know you get tired of me talking about R & K but he makes the best hoochie’s money can buy. We tried some other hoochies that Jerry had picked up but they didn’t pick up the numbers that the R & K hoochie’s did. I heard he is going to start selling them on http://www.kokaneetackle.com/ and I can’t wait.

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

Fishin-RN
06-27-2010, 12:32 AM
awesomereport
way to go! Gotta love the wife getting into the fish! mine can't wait to get back out there! we finished with 35 in our boat. After you guys left we just kept drifting down the middle of the lake and my buddy had a pline brand pink hoochie with a green shsta slingblade that ended up being dynamite! sorry no pics we didn't stop fishing until after 730. didn't start fishing until 930 either. Green peter has been a wonderful lake to fish this year for sure!signfishin

Bullitt
06-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Nice! I launched at 0500 and the boat behind me thought I was you. laugh hyst I think I trolled past you a couple times today. I was the big blue sled with the hard top.

We got 27 today using similar gear. Kokaneemart came through for me as my order arrived on Weds. Those UV sling blades are awesome. We did pretty good for only our second trip. I had a die hard "jigga" on board and I think he secretly liked the cannon electric DR's. I'm now a koke addict. 101ok101

Edit: and yes the R&K tackle is good stuff. Thanks Robbie!

Lip Ripper
06-27-2010, 12:53 AM
75 Kok’s @ Green Peter 6/26/10

So my wife Debbie & father in-law Jerry went with me on this adventure. I would love to check out other lakes, but Green Peter has been so good to me and today was my best turnout yet. My goal was 50 kokanee, but I had reached that number by 12:30 and my wife wasn’t ready to go home yet. So by 3:30 I caught my last double and had to let one of the kok’s go and left the lake with 75 very nice fish. The fish started out at 50 feet but when the wind picked up they move up to 30. The hot flash was a UV blue sling blade from Shasta Tackle, and a hot lure was a UV Pearl R & K hoochie. I know you get tired of me talking about R & K but he makes the best hoochie’s money can buy. We tried some other hoochies that Jerry had picked up but they didn’t pick up the numbers that the R & K hoochie’s did. I heard he is going to start selling them on http://www.kokaneetackle.com/ and I can’t wait.

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

I do believe you are going to need a larger tarp nice fish. I am going to go Tuesday and I have a brand new lour it is called 1/4 pound of T & T laugh hyst

kokaneekid
06-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Nice! I launched at 0500 and the boat behind me thought I was you. laugh hyst I think I trolled past you a couple times today. I was the big blue sled with the hard top.

Edit: and yes the R&K tackle is good stuff. Thanks Robbie!

You should have stop in and said, "Hi!".... I'm always willing to share what is working... unless I haven't figured it out at that point in time.... Today just happened to be one of those days when I had it figured out before I started. Fishing for Kokanee is like a puzzle you need to get all the right pieces in the right place to see the big picture. Ok I’ll take that back if I got on the water and didn’t catch one fish it would still be a “Great Day” with my family and friends….Most days it takes some time for me to get all the pieces together unlike my DAD. Last time I was at Green Peter for ½ a day and told him I got 35 fish he said, “What Happened?” I’m just glad I got a PRO in my back pocket if it wasn’t for him I would have left the lake with a large gas bill!!!

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

Rikker99
06-27-2010, 04:58 AM
I know you guys posted this before but just where does a guy currently buy the R &K Hoochie? How far behind the sling blade are you running the lure? And are you using bait? Troll speed? Thanks

DLM
06-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I had to quit at 10:00 but had 15 by then so that was okay. (air drying now, smoker bound)

Started out towards the dam along the south shore. Hot combo was hot pink glow hoochie behind glow sling blades. Blades were a combination of pinks and orange and reds. I will post pictures later.

That area seemed to go dead at about 0830 so I moved up to the middlefork arm, also along the south shore just prior to Tally creek. They had no interest in the pink hoochie which usually happens that time of morning. I switched to an Orange Haze hoochie and the bite was on. Ran a uv sling blade on one side and an orange glow sling blade on the other. No difference, both produced. Picked up about 5 more in pretty rapid order until my time ran out.

All fish were caught at 30 feet and the best speed was 1.1. I hooked something big that buried the rod in the water before the clip released. By the time I got to the rod I feld one tug and it was gone. Lost one fish and tossed back one dink.

From the sounds of things they were biting on a lot of different stuff. That makes it fun for everyone.

DLM
06-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Sling blade to hoochie on my setup is about 8 inches. I was using corn with anise. I had some with tuna oil but never needed to use it as the bite on the anise corn was consistent.

piscator54
06-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Hey Kid,

Great day for you at GP. Nice limit of fish. Save a few for the derby coming up!

Do you prefer 4" or 6" sling blades? I was also on GP Saturday and had best luck with SB and wiggle hoochies in Orange but didn't have near the day you did.

Wonder why the R&K Hoochies work so much better for you? I ordered some after I read your post.

kokaneekid
06-28-2010, 12:46 AM
I know you guys posted this before but just where does a guy currently buy the R &K Hoochie? How far behind the sling blade are you running the lure? And are you using bait? Troll speed? Thanks

I run my hoochies 8 to 12 inches behind my sling blade. I like my trolling speed to be 1.4 to 1.5 mph. Speed in somthing you will have to play with last two times I was at Green Peter they like it 1.7 to 1.8. I open a new can of Green Giant white shoepag corn every trip. You can always play with the scent game, and magic kokanee dust. I still need someone to prove it to me that it works, so far I would say I haven't needed it at this point in my kokanee game. You can pick up R & K tackle at.....

http://store.kokaneemart.com/prostores/servlet/StoreFront

and very soon at...

http://www.kokaneetackle.com/

Or you can stop at Hoy's True Value Hardware in Sweet home. I know he keeps them well stocked. If you stop in tell them that the kokaneekid sent you. They are on the right hand side of the road before you get to Foster lake. Can't miss it.

Fish On kokaneekid

Rikker99
06-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks to DLM and Kokaneekid for sharing good info. Just a couple more questions on GP fishing. If this year is good, what is the kokanee fishing like on a normal year? The size, number and condition of this years crop is over the top! Lastly, does this fishery hold up into July? Thanks in advance for all your great advice and info - RP

Cannon
06-28-2010, 07:56 PM
I know you guys posted this before but just where does a guy currently buy the R &K Hoochie? How far behind the sling blade are you running the lure? And are you using bait? Troll speed? Thanks R&K's contact info is on my website under links. http://kentcannon.com/links.htm for those that don't pass through the lovely town of Sweet Home or live close, Robbie is more than happy to mail direct to his Oregon, Washington and Idaho people.