PDA

View Full Version : What about Swift

KokaRod69
06-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Anyone on the board fish Swift for Kok's? I have heard reports that they are getting some good trout and there are Kok's in the lake. Any info. would be great.

Kokonuts
06-25-2010, 01:07 PM
I havnt fished Swift yet, but I've heard that ite good for hold over Trout in Late Aug. & Sept. I am planning to try it then !! tooexcited

Kokonuts

smokin' Kokes
06-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Swift would make a great self sustaining kokanee fishery with several good sized streams and the main N. Fork above the reservoir.
Kokanee would not compete with the resident native bull Dolly Vardens for food or water depth. the rainbows compete heavily with the smaller Dolly Varden now
Swift has the perfect cold water conditions for good koke production and growth with sufficient fall stream flow to support egg spawning and high success rate fingerlings back into the lake.

Merwin is the best choice for rainbow production. have a state trout hatchery there already. poor kokanee production from Pacificorps attempts at hatching kokanee. no real streams for high counts of kokanee fingerlings. Polution from all the development runoff which rainbow have a higher survival rate compared to kokanee which require absolutely clean water.

Swift does not have a low water boat launch, thus the lake is unusable by larger boats after the surface drops more than about 10ft.