PDA

View Full Version : Odell 6/19 - 6/21

John Ward
06-23-2010, 02:20 AM
Fishing was about as good as the weather; mostly miserable. My earlier trip to Odell (see 6/5 report) was so good I thought this would be a repeat. But not.
Sat. weather included rain, fog & lots of wind. Nonetheless I anchored up in the West cove where I was told the fish were. Didn't mark much on the finder even after trying several locations. Only got a few jigging at 80 to 100 ft. Sunday weather much the same. Highs both days in the low to mid forties. Same luck jigging so I tried trolling which was difficult with the wind & waves. Got a few trolling just below surface and then quit as the wind kept rising. Monday morning (my last day) I got out early as check out was 11 am. Very windy again & foggy. Tried jigging & only got 1 then went to trolling. At 8 am the wind quit and the fog lifted and...the fish woke up! I trolled 1 rod near surface with RK pink spinner behind baby cowbell. 2nd rod on the dr at 50 to 60 ft. with a RMT pink sling blade and small pink hoochies. Corn soaked in shrimp and krill oil. Got 13 between 8 and 10:30 almost an even split between the shallow & deep rigs. Looks like a started a couple of days early; so much for "You shoulda been here yesterday". Next trip is to GP in a week.

268bull
06-23-2010, 02:18 PM
J W, thanks for the report. Missed my annual trip to Odell this year, but with the reports I've seen this spring, it's been more miss than hit. I think I'll continue with the trips to GP. Good luck to you on your trip to GP next wknd. Tight lines!