PDA

View Full Version : Wallowa Lake trip of a life time for crjahn

kokaneekid
06-22-2010, 10:47 PM
So my dad FINALLY made it back from Wallowa Lake and wanted me to post a few pictures and let everyone know that he meet a lot of great people like Ron Walker in the picture below and had the time of his life. Even though it was a catch and release show trying for what he called a, “10 pound one eyed fish that was super leader shy and stayed in his hiding spot for most of the day.” He brought back just enough to fillet and put on the smoker, and he's ready to go back for some more. Man it must be nice to be retired.

The big one of the trip tipped the scales at 7.7 pounds and he played it for 45 minutes before he got it in the boat. As for me I’m glad he’s back because he only called me once every 5 or 6 days and I’m used to talking to him every night, about kokanee fishing of course. I needed some more tackle, and had to make it for myself while he was gone, it’s nice to have the old man back home. Hope you enjoy the pictures, I’m just happy I got my fishing partner back.. Hey dad lets go fishing!!

Fish On kokaneekid

eenakoK
06-22-2010, 11:26 PM
awesomereport

Tell your dad thanks for sharing the pictures.. looks like a great trip!

SilverBullets
06-23-2010, 01:01 AM
awesomereportGreat report kokaneekid...be sure to thank your dad for sharing with us!signfishin

sawdustsavage
06-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Awsome, Now I really cant wait. Good job.

MJCook6
06-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Great report...

Those fish are huge!

MJ

kokaneekid
06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Tell your dad thanks for sharing the pictures.. looks like a great trip!

I wish he would have taken more pictures. Those fish where very very impressive. Dad also said they are a lot easier to fillet than the ones we've been catching at Green Peter. It's just his little way of putting salt in my wounds for not going with him. They say your parents are always, "RIGHT".... You would think I would have learned my lesson by age 37 and made the trip with him. I just have to save my vacation time for our mule deer hunt this fall.
Maybe next year.

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

Brown bear
06-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Man, great trip. And i'm stuck here fishing the Gorge

Bduck
06-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Man, great trip. And i'm stuck here fishing the Gorge

WOW Brown bear, I wish I can have your woes right now. I think I will this weekend at the Gorge. 101chromefish101 101chromefish101 101chromefish101 tongue2

vanweld1
06-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Hey, kokaneekid! We met your dad at Wallowa Lake and had a great time with him!! What a fun guy and great fisherman!! Maybe he told you that we had a glass (or two) of home-made wine together. Thanks for the chance to see the pictures and to read your post. Nick & Sharrie

sawdustsavage
06-29-2010, 10:31 AM
101welcomw
Reading your post I didn't remember seeing you here. I looked at your profile and saw you just joined.
I assume you live in the Joseph area. I will be there from the 7th of july for a month. If you are from there or back up there then Ill buy you a beer or so.
I would be the 18 ft smokercraft pontoon boat that will be in the learning process. I have never caught a Kokanee. This forum seemed like everyone totally enjoyed their fishing so I decided I better give it a try. I hate to say it but I'm completely addicted already. I figured if I was going to do it I just as well start where the biguns live. I like to joke about my first Koke being the next monster out of there. In reality I don't believe in beginners luck. I am willing to pay my dues.I do have lots of experience catching big fish. 300+lb. halibut, stugeon close to that,steelhead that I won't say how big because I have been everything but called a liar when I do,53lb. chinook,22lb. Coho and a few more misc. speicies. Each of which took alot of fishing and learning. Not sure I have enough years left to get that proficeint at Kokanee fishing but plan on it anyway.laugh hyst
As you can tell I tend to talk alot when it comes to fishing. I'll shut up now.
Anyway101welcomw Maybe we will get together at the lake.
John

kokaneekid
07-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Hey, kokaneekid! We met your dad at Wallowa Lake and had a great time with him!! What a fun guy and great fisherman!! Maybe he told you that we had a glass (or two) of home-made wine together. Thanks for the chance to see the pictures and to read your post. Nick & Sharrie

He doesn't drink wine, but he told my he would drink your homemade wine anytime. I told him to take your fishing invite, he also told me that you know you way around a fishing pole. I wouldn't mind hearing about how you hammer the salmon & steelhead. We will have to keep in touch. Hope you see you soon Nick and Sharrie and maybe try some of that world famous wine.

Fish On kokaneekid