PDA

View Full Version : Fly rod - Ultralight - Kokanee plugs

Pogue
06-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Here is the latest bunch that I"ve finished. I think so far I've posted everything I've been up to. I started making more of these today, mainly going to be same as some of these (I have a bunch of friends that want some).

Pogue
06-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Here's a few with the hooks that I've been thinking about using on these.

MackPrince
06-22-2010, 12:39 AM
Are you making the plug blanks, or buying in bulk?

smokin' Kokes
06-22-2010, 07:49 AM
nice pogue

I'm really liking those green fish scale and the chartreuse for kokes
our Pac. NW kokes seem to like more lure action in early to mid season since our water temps stay colder than down south. those little plugs may just be the hot ticket when they're finicky and don't want to move.
I could see long lining those and on a long light leader for max lure wiggle.

MMDON
06-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I have a full collection of the mini Lyman Lures, shaped much like you have created. Great movement in the water column.

Pogue
06-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Are you making the plug blanks, or buying in bulk?

I turn the blanks from dowels. I just eyeball them, wish I had a duplicator for the lathe! I started making more of these yesterday and on these I'm thinking about adding a tail feather tacked to the body?

MMDON
06-22-2010, 06:14 PM
I would drill them and run the line though them with twin gami's out the back!

SuperD
06-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I would drill them and run the line though them with twin gami's out the back!
Or at a minimum go away from the front eye / hook eye all in one. The 2" Lyman's that I love for trout have a screw eye up front and a screw eye for the hook that I prefer located farther back towards the tail. Off the hook screw eye, put a split ring and a swivel. The swivel prevents the fish from getting leverage and throwing hooks.

crjahn
06-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Very nice looking plugs I like the old time wood idea. What are going after with those little jewels? If you were going to target Kokanee I too would drill through and run my line through with a bead or two and a double hook setup. Next I’d work with some of the proven Kokanee color schemes and do some experimenting. Since you make them one at a time you are going to have lots of variables’ you will have to play with {size, shape, angle of hole ECT ECT] but that’s half the fun. Also for Kokanee I’d forget the feathers, tinsel, or anything else that mite kill the action you are looking for, just my opinion. You are going to have lots of fun with these!!!!! Fish on Chester