PDA

View Full Version : Report from the 20th

Code4
06-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Well, I would like to say this is a good news, good fishing report but it isn't. Put in with my buddy at Holmes Crossing at about 0600 Sunday morning. We fished the cliffs straight across from the ramp for about 2-3 hours and caught one small koke and a rainbow. We graphed several different schools of fish, one of which I caught that small koke out of, so I assume they were kokes. We threw everything at them and only that one. Water temp is still below 60 and the water is very murky, like it's turning over. Lots of small pieces of crud, moss and other stuff as far down as you can see. Went south past the ranch and fished the east side for several more hours. Didn't graph much, except lakers on the bottom so we switched over and tried for the big boys. Had a couple bits but couldn't hook into one. Went back to the kokes up north when the weather went from no wind to 30-40 mph in a matter of minutes. Four to five foot rollers straight up from the south is no fun on that lake. Gave up and called it quites about 2pm. Another day of getting our arse kicked by fish...starting to really suck!

Propnut69
06-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh,that good ole wyoming wind....... It's dang hard to hide from the wind when it blows from the south . I think I'm going to hit the water on Tuesday,hopefully the wind will not be a factor. I'm tried of getting blown off the water.

Kokaholic
06-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Go get them Tim. Put the Spankin to them. I will call you Tuesday evening.

D-Weed
06-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Got out on the pond, monday, started out south end of skunk cliffs, 1st fish to the boat 4.6lb koke, was 12 ft behind the ball and 32ft down, we were using a dbl. glow pink R.M.T. squid with a big hyper plaid dodger. worked our way all the way to breeze hill, picked up several more here and
there, the rest of the kokes went 2-3lbs, boated ten kokes and 2 bows.