PDA

View Full Version : Riverwolf from Brookings, Oregon

Riverwolf
06-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Brookings, Oregon and fish mostly for salmon and steelhead on the rivers up and down Oregon.
Kokanee are great fun and I also enjoy fishing for them.
I was introduced to this forum by another fishing addict and am looking forward to advice, tips, photos and adventures.
RW

twisted lines
06-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the site; from another north of the border, and your fishing reports are Very welcome here. (River Wolf) run one or build them?

kokaneekid
06-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Another kok fisherman from Oregon, "YES"... What lakes are you going to target?
This is a great place to get good advise. Glad to have you, and looking forward to some great reports from Southern Oregon..

Fish On kokaneekid

MackPrince
06-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Welcome to the group!

Riverwolf
06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks to all of you
I have a RIVERWOLF Sidedrifter series driftboat that I use most everywhere.
I also build wood strip boats. Canoes, Kayaks and other custom crafts.
I plan of fishing Fourmile lake, Lake of the Woods, Odell, Wickiup Reservoir, Crescent & any other lakes that have a good kokanee population.
Currently, the ocean here is flat, bottomfish are biting & life is good!

Bduck
06-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Welcome Riverwolf 101welcomw Your in the right place for information on koke fishing. So many lakes to visit & fish as well.

twisted lines
06-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks to all of you
I have a RIVERWOLF Sidedrifter series driftboat that I use most everywhere.
I also build wood strip boats. Canoes, Kayaks and other custom crafts.
I plan of fishing Fourmile lake, Lake of the Woods, Odell, Wickiup Reservoir, Crescent & any other lakes that have a good kokanee population.
Currently, the ocean here is flat, bottomfish are biting & life is good!

I read someplace about two weeks ago Fourmile was still snowed in! but they are to stock it with trout this Friday and I am sure its passable by now last year I gave it a shot and the Mackinaw they stocked it with are easier to catch then the kokanee that were over taking the lake? tooexcited low was slow for me as well last year but the traffic sure picked up; So far this year haven't heard run right up there, so I haven't yet! May sneek out one morning this weekend and do some dog training and Bank jigging at one thats never mentioned and never have been. Thanks for teasing me with the flat thing. here is one I like as well...... Pamela Anderson isn't flat but my motor is......TL

D-Weed
06-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Glad to have you aboard Riverwolf. I have fished out of Brookings before, my wifes uncle lives in Grants Pass, I have sent him some of the tackle that we use here in Wyo for the kokes, guess I,ll have to give him a call and get a report

Riverwolf
06-25-2010, 01:27 PM
One of my best friends lives in Grants Pass and we are planning on fishing Fourmile Lake next week. Heard it is swarming with nice Koks and Misquitos too.
The report I got from Lake of the Woods is that there are lots of fish that DON'T want to bite.
Hopefully, Fourmile will be kind!
RW

SilverBullets
06-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Welcome aboard Riverwolf! 101cheers101

twisted lines
06-25-2010, 08:32 PM
One of my best friends lives in Grants Pass and we are planning on fishing Fourmile Lake next week. Heard it is swarming with nice Koks and Misquitos too.
The report I got from Lake of the Woods is that there are lots of fish that DON'T want to bite.
Hopefully, Fourmile will be kind!
RW

Confirmed today (mith) not true! just can't get them in the boat!

D-Weed
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm not to sure of the names of the lakes that he fishes. I have been workin night shifts, but I will try to call him soon and get some info. If I get any good reports, I will pass it on to you.