PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Mainelygone
06-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Greetings to all. I am a somewhat recent transplant from the far northeast (Maine) and am used to chasing them there Koke's. I have been limited for fishing time but finally got a boat set up and looking for some good lakes to hit. I have read the reports and got some good ideas about where to hit ( live in the Puyallup area),. Great site and great reports.
Mainelygone

MackPrince
06-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Welcome Mainelygone. Ayup.. you've found a great resource here.

My bro. was born in Bangor ;)

Good luck with the fishing here in WA.
-Mack

smokin' Kokes
06-19-2010, 08:47 PM
mainly,
you picked a good year to start koke fishing here in Wa. lots of nice fat porkers with good feed early and plenty of water/snow.

have you hit the Fife Sportco yet. whole aisles of koke gear
addictive fishing store, one of the best in the area.

hope to meet you on the water.

Cliff

Kokonuts
06-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the site!

If you can drive down to Southern Wa., a lot of us fish Lakes Merwin & Yale. We are also having a Members BBQ & Fish Fest at Yale Lake this Sat. the 26th. if you can make it!!

Kokonuts! signfishin

Mainelygone
06-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I am heading out this weekend and will be fishing American ,any sugestion on set up (downrigger- lure- handgranades) would be appreciated.
Mainelygone

smokin' Kokes
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
don't know much about American, haven't heard much activity out of it this year on kokes. sounds like it's turning into more of a small mouth large mouth and panfish lake? global warming and developement? it's so shallow and small

another one that's a little farther but in your general area and has an active planted kokanee program is Alder Lake at Elbe
never fishing it but looks like a wonderful lake from driving by.
500,000 plants

http://www.mytpu.org/files/library/kokanee-fishing-brochure.pdf