PDA

View Full Version : 16 inch kok out of Green Peter 06/18/10

kokaneekid
06-18-2010, 08:26 PM
So my choice was ½ of a day at Green Peter or all weekend at Detroit. I think I made the right choice we got 35 NICE kokanee and my wife got a 16 inch bull kok out of the deal. We pick this on up on an R & K hoochie, Robbie gave me a tip on how to rig it up. Thanks Robbie. Hope you all have a great weekend

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

daveo
06-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Very nice job on the kokes. Tried to get there today but work got in the way. Headed that way in the early am to see what happens.

harbercraft19
06-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Nice job Kid, someday I'll make out to G.P. Deb looks really happy. Nice having that extra day off from work. See ya monday.

Remember you liked me better as an LD

DLM
06-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Great Job. Wallowa was great also, but I assume you already got a report on that.

river hunter
06-19-2010, 07:13 PM
thumbsup nice job awesomereport

smokin' Kokes
06-20-2010, 02:32 AM
another great report from GP, kk
thank you.

Never fished it but looking forward after your reports.

is it crowded during the week and how is the camping?
any campground launch recommendations, pickup camper and 20ft fiberglass.

kokaneekid
06-20-2010, 10:49 PM
another great report from GP, kk
thank you.

Never fished it but looking forward after your reports.

is it crowded during the week and how is the camping?
any campground launch recommendations, pickup camper and 20ft fiberglass.

Green Peter is very crowded even during the week get there early, "I think it's my fault". I'm not sure about camping some people camp from their boats or on the road and there is always SunnySide camp ground at Foster. It's a short drive to the first boat launch. When I stayed the weekend I stayed at Foster Lake RV Park. It was very very clean and the owner was very nice.

http://www.fosterlakervresort.com/

Fish On kokaneekid

Fallriverguy
06-21-2010, 11:11 AM
A 16 inch kokanee is a good fish anywhere. Nice to see GP is still fishing very well.

Bullitt
06-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Green Peter is very crowded even during the week get there early, "I think it's my fault". I'm not sure about camping some people camp from their boats or on the road and there is always SunnySide camp ground at Foster. It's a short drive to the first boat launch. When I stayed the weekend I stayed at Foster Lake RV Park. It was very very clean and the owner was very nice.

http://www.fosterlakervresort.com/

Fish On kokaneekid

Keep in mind I have only been to GP one time on a Sunday. I was told it will be or was "crowded". I guess it depends on your perspective but it doesnt seem crowded to me. I think I counted 75 boats...may have been a few more. From what I'm used to on the Columbia River and the ocean where I'm used to dealing with several hundred boats to thousands it seems light pressured to me. 101smily101

I'm probably going up this Saturday and do plan on launching early. signfishin

Since I'm new to this game I appreciate the reports. I will agree however that the internet does contribute to crowds showing up at particualr places to chase hot reports that were posted. :)

kokaneekid
06-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Keep in mind I have only been to GP one time on a Sunday. I was told it will be or was "crowded". I guess it depends on your perspective but it doesnt seem crowded to me. I think I counted 75 boats...may have been a few more.

On Friday the parking lot was full, do remember that Sunday was Fathers day and I think a lot of people had other things going on. I know last Saturday it was a zoo. I was a Detroit lake and it was dead on Sunday as well I counted just a hand full of boats, but I didn't fish so I wasn't out and about with my boat. I'm planning on fishing this Saturday as well and if I was you I would get there early. Of course if you are used to the crowds maybe a late launch will seem like a normal ordeal.

Fish On kokaneekid

Cannon
06-21-2010, 12:40 PM
I have been reviewing tackle for my upcoming book and have found some great new products. I just tried out these new mini hoochies from R&K. They are real small hoochies, maybe at the most an inch and a half long. Very delicate! I wish I had these this spring, they would have been dynamite! Anyway, I am very interested in how these work at Wallowa Lake especially with their population of Myasis shrimp. Since it will be awhile until I can get back over there, I would be interested in anyone's experience with this new hoochie. So any of you guys out there that have tried these or want to try them let me know how you do with them.

river hunter
06-21-2010, 01:06 PM
i put in on friday, and camped along the lake shore friday night at one of the "designated" sites with a fire ring. the sites are nice an have level spots for your tent, the only complaint that i would have would be that peeps need to pick up there trash, i packed out 3 walmart bag fulls of trash saturday. i would have stayed till sunday but made a mistake and forgot that i had a down rigger still down an didnt relize it till i took off and then heard a snap, needless to say i lost my cannon ball and new braid line

Bullitt
06-21-2010, 01:57 PM
On Friday the parking lot was full, do remember that Sunday was Fathers day and I think a lot of people had other things going on. I know last Saturday it was a zoo. I was a Detroit lake and it was dead on Sunday as well I counted just a hand full of boats, but I didn't fish so I wasn't out and about with mt boat. I'm planning on fishing this Saturday as well and if I was you I would get there early. Of course if you are used to the crowds maybe a late launch will seem like a normal ordeal.

Fish On kokaneekid

I should have clarified...the Sunday I was there was a couple of weeks ago. I was also there that Saturday just to check it out since I had not been there and I did not think it was busy then either.

I plan to be there around 0500 hopefully unless I go up the night before (wish I knew the lake better so I can camp on the boat). My biggest issue is parking since my truck and boat are on the large side. I don't think I can park at Thistle Ck. at all.

I dropped $100 on tackle Saturday at kokaneemart.com so I hope it gets here by the weekend. Either way I'll be out there. Got a new net and some 8# balls to try out. Looking forward to trip number 2! See ya there!

kokaneekid
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Got a new net and some 8# balls to try out. Looking forward to trip number 2! See ya there!

What kind of net did you buy?

river hunter
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
ill prob go there again this weekend, possible to camp again. i got to make up for that 4-17 day i had on sat.

Bullitt
06-22-2010, 04:36 PM
What kind of net did you buy?

My Dad picked up a Fabril rubber net that is more of a basket shape. I had standard type trout net but the fish and those double hooks kept getting tangled up in it. Hopefully this will fix that.

Looking forward to the weekend. My kokaneemart order has shipped so I hope it arrives by Friday!