PDA

View Full Version : Just found this site!

Pogue
06-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I happened on this site today as I was searching for something else. I have been looking for a site that has a lure building forum that is more relevant to west coast fishing. There are a few sites around, but they are all east coast based.

Last year, I started building salmon plugs both for a hobby and to fish. I based my design from the Heddon basser / Martin plugs (part of the reason I started to build them is that I really love the look of the old wooden plugs before plastics).

These are the first plugs I made, the two hand painted ones were the first. I had a brand new airbrush sitting in my shop for a couple years, but I had no idea of how to use it. The second set were the next try at building, this time with the air brush.

Hopefully these will be somewhat relevant here! I've got a few pics from the set that I built after these, I'll try to post them either today or sometime this weekend.

MMDON
06-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Your sticks have some of the best looking paint I've ever seen! Very clean work!

Welcome to the boards!

Don

SilverBullets
06-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Welcome aboard Pogue. Those are some great looking lures you made...I'll be looking forward to seeing some more of your creations!!101goodpost101

Pogue
06-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Thankx for the input! I'll be posting a few more in the next few days.

Old School
06-25-2010, 05:05 PM
These remind me of OC Choppers and some of the amazing paint schemes their paint guys come up with. Thats how good these look. These look like they have several layers and depth to the paint.

Do you do theme plugs? lol

Nice job.

Old School

Pogue
06-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I've been thinking about re-building these. I want to do the northwest one on a natural body. I do have some more plugs in the works now, maybe another week or so I'll have them finished.

Kokanee Killer
06-26-2010, 10:51 PM
can u say picasso101goodpost101