PDA

View Full Version : Berry nice day 6/17

mightyminnow86
06-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Launched at Capell today at 520am had lines in the water by 545am in front of skiers cove. First fish came right at 6am on a green hootchie behind a sling blade at 38' otw a very fat 16in kok, great way to start the morning! As i was putting that rod back down other side goes off now I brought out a friend who had never kokanee fished before and he tried settin the hook on this one and ripped it right out of the koks mouth 101facepalm101!! No worries we have all done our fair share of farming! The next 2 hrs were nearly non stop action with green and orange hootchies behind sling blades by 8am we had 4 koks in the box and lost nearly that same number. After about 9am it slowed a bit and we picked up a fish here and there with the best goin 18inches! We finished with 7 in the box and many more lost fish and short strikesgolucky!! The best setups were the orange hootchie at 45' otw and the green hootchie at 50' otw both behind a sling blade dodger near the skiers cove area 1.3-1.8mph gps.
Saw at least a dozen other fishin boats out today but my vhf radio decided not to work today so didnt here any chatter on the radio about anyone elses day.
A great day with great action and perrfect weather!! Time to go fire up the grill! Will post pics once i figure out how to get them off my iphone onto here?!?!

John

MJCook6
06-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Great job out there MERKIN...

Hope we have similar luck next week...
Email me the pics and ill post em if you cant finger it out...

MJ