PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry?

SuperD
06-17-2010, 12:16 PM
What's happening at Strawberry? Haven't seen any reports, is it fishable yet?

BROWNBAGGER
06-17-2010, 02:15 PM
It's been fishable for weeks now. I have only shore fished it so far; but next weekend 25/26th I will be fishing it hard for kokes. I'll let you know how it went. On another note, most of our high elevation lakes, like Mirror lake are still frozen over.....figure that one out

Bduck
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
The first day of summer is the 21st. It snowed on us at work last night. These storms keep rolling in. A brighter weekend in store now for a change.

smokin' Kokes
06-18-2010, 12:00 AM
lots of good rain to fill all those reservoir lakes up and fatten up the Rocky Mountain kokes for spawn success for years to come.

should bring lots of nutrients down into the lakes with all the rain runoff and snow melt

the droughts here in the Pac. NW in the early 70s decimated most of our salmon runs, they are just returning to decent fishable numbers.

SuperD
06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
should bring lots of nutrients down into the lakes with all the rain runoff and snow melt
Here in my area, Berryessa had a thick green carpet of algae bloom for at least a month and a half due to all the extra nutrients. It was almost unfishable at that time. But now the fish are fat like me.

Taildancer
06-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Super D, It's very fishable now, clearing some as well. We only got out for an hour and a half last week for 2 cutts and a chub on Koke gear. Storms have been keeping many anglers off the water for the last 22 days in a row. We saw 80mph winds our first day on the water, I should say dock. I expect to go Fri-Sat am, should have some report soonest. I understand 1 three pounder was caught last week on a better day.

BROWNBAGGER
06-29-2010, 01:20 PM
strawberry has been horable for the last 4 days. the water is murky; fishing is poor. we manged 3 cutts and not one koke. tryed everything for the kokes.

Taildancer
07-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Hey, the water is clearing some; we could see the release at 12' down on the 30th. 8 Cutts and a Bow, this trip (2 of the Cutts were 4lbs). Blown off the water a couple of times. The last three weeks have been the rowdiest I've seen in 10 years of fishin' the 'Berry. Early mornings and the last glimpse of light in the evenings have been the Best! Still no Kokes on the lines. We too are trying a lot of different tackle, honestly only scratched the surface there. We have only been over what looks like Kokanee twice in the last 3 weeks, (you know that sixth sense). In '08, we did not connect to kokes until the 11th July, heaven forbid that happens again! We hope to post great news soon.