PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the Flathead area.......

thefishwrangler
06-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Well, I am coming back down on the 25 of this month to try again. A buddy of mine is flying in from Vegas and we plan on hitting the lakes hard all weekend. Just wondering how the bite is going, not much is being said.... I hear the macks at Flathead are finally starting to comply but not much else. I was thinking of crashing at my uncles place on Little bitteroot again but not sure. When I was there last fall we left on a pretty high note. Absolutely hammered the kokes. Just wondering how things are going down that way and if it is worth heading to the cabin or just stay at the Holiday Inn in Kalispell and hit Lake Macdonald and Flathead. Your thoughts if you will........... and thanks!

DWT
06-17-2010, 08:47 PM
I would check the runoff. My family is saying it's a little late this year so that should be a good basis on whether to go stream or lake.

Jim F
06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
The Flathead is still high and brown, been raining for ever. The Northfork was green Sunday afternoon, but we've had 2.5 days of rain since then. Whitefish lake is doing good on Macs, not sure abut Flathead Lake. I haven't heard anything about kokes anywhere this spring except for Koocanusa was doing good earlier

thefishwrangler
06-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I am staying at some place by Swan lake and we will be fisihing whereever the fish are biting. I think most effort will be concentrated on Flathead for the big macs however I feel a buzz out to Lake Macdonald as well. See if we can rustle up some kokes and macs from there..... Heading out Friday and will be on the water Sat through most of Monday.... Here's for hoping!!