PDA

View Full Version : Boat Launching areas

Rasty1
06-15-2010, 10:57 AM
First timer to Berryessa. Coming from the Sacramento area, where is the best place to launch your boat?
Thanks for the help.

mightyminnow86
06-16-2010, 04:08 PM
I live in Elk grove and usually launch at Capell cove its free but about 20 minutes past the first launch called Markely Cove. Markely costs 20 bucks to launch there and its a nice facility but this time of year i launch at Capell cuz its open at O dark thirty and i like to be launchin by 5am where as Markley doesnt open till 6am. My days off are during the week so Capell isnt too bad but I have heard horror stories from weekends of people waiting an hour to recover there boat. Hope this helps.

John

SuperD
06-16-2010, 06:14 PM
I come from Sac and launch at Markley because the combined extra hour travel time is worth it to me. If I bring a friend, they usually pay the launch fee anyway. LOL!

Rasty1
06-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey Thanks guys! I am retired so fish mostly during the week to avoid the swarms of lake lice.

DWT
06-17-2010, 08:51 PM
There is a small summit or two with many curves between Markley & Capell if your tow rig is a little small. I usually mix it up from time to time.