PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 6/6-6/13

Full_Monte
06-14-2010, 11:10 AM
It was my first trip to Pardee. I liked a lot about the lake and the maintenance done to keep the place up. The fishing was spotty, with a lot of dink kokes and a few planted rainbows. The main thing I noticed was the water temperature. It was 75 F on the surface in the river and 73 F in the main lake near the dam. The trout were lethargic fighters. The kokanee often got dragged around the lake because they couldn't trip the DR release. I watch my pole tip pretty religiously, so I'm pretty sure that some of the kokes didn't even make it twitch. Main conclusion: water temperature cuts back on the oxygen content of the water and the fish don't like it. Kokes at 30 ft. OTW. They bit on just about every lure I tried. Local word is that they are not likely to plant kokes at Pardee any more because they have a pretty good natural spawn there and there are too many kokes to allow more growth.

Old School
06-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Im surprized you said river temp was warmer than lake. Did you go all the way to log boom. Water is always coldest there and right now there could be a 10-15 degree difference from the lake cuz of all the snow melt. Pardee is sometimes hit or miss, but I have seen and caught many very nice fish from Pardee. Just lately it doesn't seem too good. Esp the kokes. 2 or three years ago Pardee had one banner year when we were catching limits of 14-15 inch kokes by 9:00.

Full_Monte
06-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Old School,

Yes, that's correct...the water temp in the river was 2 degrees warmer than in the lake near the dam...on the surface. Source: Lowrance HDS7 finder. I couldn't believe it. We did go all the way to the log boom. The two trout I caught were a couple pounds, but didn't fight very much. I'm thinking it was because of the warm water reducing the oxygen content.