PDA

View Full Version : Wickiup & Paulina

IssaquahBob
06-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Finally made it back down to OR to go kokanee fishing with my oldest son; tried Wickiup on Friday morning but did not have much success; son got one nice one but only had one other good hit; pulled up and headed to Paulina shortly after noon but when we got there, wind was up, whitecaps were on the lake, and ramp was busy with boats exiting the lake. Sunday morning we went straight to Paulina noticing that the outside temp on the ride up in the morning was a balmy 36 degrees; launched and did a slow troll down the lake heading to the far side; had three rigs out and in just under two hours we had 10 nice kokes in the cooler; as often happens one setup outperformed all others; 8 of the 10 kokes hit on pink hoochies trolled at 25 to 40 feet. Two wonderful days - with or without fish!!!

P.S. Anyone know when they will put the dock in at Paulina?

SilverBullets
06-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Great report IssaquahBob! I was up there at Paulina about a week ago and had the same results. Last year the dock was in by now but this year they had more snow. I believe it's the Forest Service that puts it in. I would be willing to bet it will be in place within the next couple weeks with the warm weather were having right now.

twisted lines
06-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Guess I should have gone to Palina with you! I stuck it out a few days at Wickiup and did picked up a few each day, Found the watermelon apex / sling blade worked ok late the first day after a stuggle, second day started with that and it shut down with the direct sun lite, found the pink hoochie started to come on, and yesterday I put too many rods out thinking the first fish in the boat was the answer, then I changed one rod and the pink Hoochie got hit so I changed 5 more to pink, not the answer yesterday, but a very small pink wedding ring with pink Corn did finnish the trip with a few more & 19' was the best depth I could find. Water temp the only time I looked was 54. Still got a mess and 1 less rod...... TL

Fallriverguy
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
TL,

Were you marking many fish? The fish most years seem to get lock jaw about this time of year.

twisted lines
06-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Had no problem finding them just couldn't get the ones I could see to bite very good, and its a big circle when your long lining a few extra rods 101no101