PDA

View Full Version : The Vet

Bduck
06-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Took my little buddy(my dog) into the vet about 2weeks ago. With him almost 14yrs old, I thought he was on his last leg. He hasn't been feeling to good and it turned out to be a upper respertory infection. Started him on antibiodics and after 2days, you can tell he was more perky and wanting to play. Went back to the vet for a follow up and he went into the hospital for a day(last Thursday) for some surgery. It turned out the infection was caused by a bad canine tooth. All in all he had 3 teeth removed. Now after 3days after teeth removed, he's back to acting like a puppy and wanting to play. We took him into see a vet about 6mos. ago for teeth cleaning because his breath was terrible. That vet(didn't go back to him again) said his teeth were in good shape for his age. What we didn't know he was in pain but had no way to tell us. This went on for a long time. No more bad breath. Whatever its worth, pay attention to you pets needs. They can't tell you when they are in pain but their behavior will tell you something is wrong. 6months ago, teeth cleaning was at approx. $150. The past 2weeks, teeth cleaning, surgery, medications and a more professional atmosphere, cost was right at $700. The higher amount was well worth it. I now have my dog back for a few more fishing trips.

skookum9
06-13-2010, 11:32 AM
That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that you got your fishin' buddy back. They can't live forever but we are always greatful for the time we get with them. My girl is only two and a half so I hope to have many more years with her but I know that her time too will come. Glad to hear your friend is no longer in the pain that he must have endured through all of this.

SilverBullets
06-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Great post Roger! Dogs are definitely mans best friend and anything we can do to make their time on earth more enjoyable is time and money well spent. Some of life's best memories are with the pets we've had...good to hear your buddy is feeling better!!