PDA

View Full Version : Hopeful

binthere50
06-13-2010, 03:22 AM
Everything is 2-4 weeks late this year, Winter has been hanging on with a vengeance everywhere in the west. We have had our first few days of Summer like weather here in Calif this week only. I'd bet that with the few reports coming from the Gorge, it's the same thing there....one thing seems to be for sure though, that a few really nice kokes have been caught so far, big guys pushing 5 lbs from what you guys have said. Patience amigos....Come July after the fish school up a bit, it will be business as usual...and some big fish too.
I'm betting on it.....with all the water from last season and all the feed as a result there will be plenty of nice fish. Of course I could be wrong....but I don't think so....I know I'll be there for sure in July!!...just as a comparison, the ocean temps here are still in March mode, winds are still cold, usually temps are
55 by now, still hovering in the high forties to low fifties though...the water will turn over here soon, just as the Gorge will and then the boards will light up with reports!!!.....Keep the faith Bros.............Mike

Lundman
06-13-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping that some folks got to watch this TV show last night (Saturday 6/12) - the main story was about kokanee fishing at the Gorge with Jared & crew of RMT. One of the show's main points was that this year is about 5 to 6 weeks behind because of cooler temps. The show did fish out of buckboard and they did catch kokanee, rainbows, & mack pups. Plus they profiled RMT tackle and techniques. And of course the Wyoming wind put on a little show (hold onto your hats) during the afternoon.

I hope the buckboard tourney was able to ride out the weekend weather with no issues and lottsa fish were caught and of course for "Big Al" got in the $$ again for largest kokanee. 101chromefish101

binthere50
06-13-2010, 07:10 PM
What was the name of the show and on what network?....I'm hoping it will be on again on one of the outdoor channels?

froggie
06-13-2010, 08:35 PM
I did a Google search and think I found an article about it. http://connect2utah.com/outdoors/roughin-it-outdoors

Froggie