PDA

View Full Version : Riffe Lake, WA 6.12.2010

eenakoK
06-12-2010, 11:35 PM
I took my boys and my dad and headed to Riffe Lake to chase these landlocked coho. We have never been here, but heard of the crazy bite that has been going on and I thought we should partake. We got to the lake at 6:30 and headed to the spot I was told to fish. Thank you Kokanee Kid!

The name of the game was 5.5 dodgers and pink hootchies. I was using the bahama mama and the watermelon flavors. Bait used was cocatail shrimp or maggots (Gulp)

We ended the day with over 50 fish on, we caught out limit of 20 fish. The big news of the day was my two boys (5,7) reeled up the fish by themselves after I released them from the downriggers. They were so excited for accomplishing this.

Here are a couple pictures of the lake and the days catch. Thanks for looking.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Fishing/Riffe%20Lake/DSC07546.jpg

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Fishing/Riffe%20Lake/DSC07538.jpg

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Fishing/Riffe%20Lake/DSC07548.jpg

Bluknight
06-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Well done Dad! Good on you for getting those boys out on the water. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with your fish numbers or the fact you made it on the water at 0630 with your two young boys!

Those are some nice looking kokes - hard to tell from the picture..... what size are they?

MackPrince
06-13-2010, 12:31 AM
I've heard good things about Riffe, but have never made the trip up.

Great father sons day DB!

101goodpost101

sawdustsavage
06-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Where is riffle lake?

eenakoK
06-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Well done Dad! Good on you for getting those boys out on the water. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with your fish numbers or the fact you made it on the water at 0630 with your two young boys!

Those are some nice looking kokes - hard to tell from the picture..... what size are they?

These coho were between 14-17 inches.. most were 15. These fish hit hard and were good fighters. I plan to make the trek again soon.

I've heard good things about Riffe, but have never made the trip up.

Great father sons day DB!

101goodpost101

It was a great day for three generations going out together. I am lucky enough to have that happen a couple times a month. I would recommend making that trip if you can. It was AMAZING. I can't remember the last time that fishing was actually work. I hardly had time to sit down at all. We were fishing from 7 to 11.. It is worth the 1hr 45min drive from my house

eenakoK
06-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Where is riffle lake?

It is just outside Mossyrock,WA

Bduck
06-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Yea, the smile on those boys faces says alot. Bet they can't wait to get back out there. awesomereport Very nice catch guys.

SilverBullets
06-13-2010, 01:46 PM
101goodpost101Great report David!! Those boys of yours are gonna have some awesome memories to look back on for the rest of their life.signfishin

eenakoK
06-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Yea, the smile on those boys faces says alot. Bet they can't wait to get back out there. awesomereport Very nice catch guys.

Funny you say that.. they woke up this morning asking if we are going again! They are having a lot of fun since we bought our boat! granted, I have been having just as much fun..

101goodpost101Great report David!! Those boys of yours are gonna have some awesome memories to look back on for the rest of their life.signfishin

Some of the best memories is when my dad took me fishing growing up. I am having a lot of fun doing the same for my kids. I enjoy it even more since my dad is usually along with us.