PDA

View Full Version : Trying new things

MackPrince
06-10-2010, 01:38 AM
For years I made my own glow hooks for night fishing, but where I live now night fishing isn't an option because the ramps close at 9:00. So, I learned how to tie a tandem rig, filled up a coffee can with supplies and when the mood gets me I tie up some rigs. With two kids in daycare and one in diapers making my own lures helps limit my spending for sure.

A few things I've learned... 1)Cut your hoochie at a slight angle in front and it gives more action 2) Simple works 3) Keep your prescription bottles they work great for storage 4) A small strip of painters tape keeps the leaders from tangling 5) Powder paints take practice.

Kokonuts
06-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the tips! I'll try cutting the nose of my Hoochies at an angle!

Kokonuts 101goodpost101

smokin' Kokes
06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
thanks MP,
like the leader tape idea. i've tried them all over the years, foam tubes, leader minders, thrown it in the top of the tackle box mess, etc.

don't give up on the glow hooks, in late summer when the algae becomes thick and at early dawn, it's dark down there below 50ft.
i like a small glow corkie up the rear of the hoochie/tube, gives the rig that little extra aggressive strike bite enticement up/down wiggle as the sling blade whips the rig back and forth. plus keeps the scent juice in the hoochie longer.

like the rigs you're making.

you have the best job of all, raising future kokanee fisherpersons101chromefish101

Petty4life
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
101goodpost101101idea101101goodpost101