PDA

View Full Version : Anvil draw

jekern1015
06-08-2010, 02:34 AM
We fished out of Anvil Draw on Sunday and headed north towards the cliffs. We only found one spot where there were consistent marks would show up on the finder. trolled through that spot eight different times with different speeds and colors and lures. I think my finder might be broke it kept marking fish but we didn't catch anything, I even double checked to make sure I wasn't in simulator mode. We tried squids in pink and red, cripplure in orange, green, silver, kokanut in pink, and blue/green, serpent spoons in chartruse, and the multi color ones( I don't remember the names on those). We tried to match the dodger to the color we were using, we used the sling blades, vances tackle dodgers and sepps dodgers. Our speed varied from 1.2 mph to 2.2 mph. We tried fishing from 10' to 50'. We did manage to catch one rainbow. We launched at 6 am and got off the water at 3:30 pm. I will have to say it was a beautiful day very little wind and light showers once in a while. I guess we should have went south towards the pipeline.

Firescape
06-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Good job on the bow, I think I remember talking to you guys? We were in the C-Dory?

SmokeOnTheWater
06-09-2010, 10:20 PM
That's why it's called fishin! Only been on the lake once so far this year (Villa Derby) and Anvil just wasn't producing kokes then either. Picked up a few bows & small macs in there. I know you're looking for more recent help but that's all I got. Thanks for posting your report.

SuperD
06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
When you refer to Anvil, is it the actual bay or out infront of Anvil in the river channel?

SmokeOnTheWater
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Anvil Draw is what I considder the entire bay east of the boat ramp. Southern boundary leads into the norrow section of "The Pipeline" and the Northern boundary approaching the Ranch House and Squaw Hollow. I've fished this area for several years and it's a big area.