PDA

View Full Version : Paulina Lake

SilverBullets
09-27-2008, 11:56 AM
After just coming on board here, I thought I'd share a bit on my fishing adventures on Paulina the last few years. My Dad and I fish together almost every weekend, and after deciding to target kokanee years ago the first year we didn't have much luck. After reading up on it and getting into making my own lures, every year since we have gotten very proficient at catching these tasty fish. Useing customized apex lures and others to give the fish something they haven't seen before, we very rarely come home without limits now. I enjoy helping others do the same. This year up at the lake was different than the past 5 years, might have had to do with the late ice-off. Jigging lasted a couple months later this year, then the trolling took over. I am mainly a troller, but learning how to jig this year was very interesting. We plan to jig now every year early in the season. Last weekend we went up for the last trip of the year, as the spawners outnumbered the keepers by a margin of two to one. I look forward to exchanging ideas and techniques here, and sharing our experiences together...

TopFuelKokanee
09-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Welcome to kokaneefishingforum and thanks for sharing. I would love to hear more about how you use the apex lures, and some pics of yours if you could. I picked some up, but haven't done much with them so far. My season was spent at Green Peter where hoochies behind dodgers worked well for me. I'd also like to hear about your jigging techniques. Thanks again.

Russ

SilverBullets
09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Welcome to kokaneefishingforum and thanks for sharing. I would love to hear more about how you use the apex lures, and some pics of yours if you could. I picked some up, but haven't done much with them so far. My season was spent at Green Peter where hoochies behind dodgers worked well for me. I'd also like to hear about your jigging techniques. Thanks again.

Russ

Hi Russ, Thanks for the welcome! I posted on the general forum about my limited jigging experience this year. I will be starting a thread on apex lures in the near future on the general discussion board also. Again, thanks for the welcome...take care, Gary