PDA

View Full Version : Skunked again

MadJack
06-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I guess im still in learning mode. I finally got the boat back on the water yesterday at about 9:30 am. I got my battery problem figured out and waited for good weather so yesterday makes only trip # 2 for the year. We trolled from buckboard to lostdog and back. Went for 30 min or so sometimes without seeing anything on the sonar. When we did see some it was only one here and there. Fished till 2:30 pm Caught lots of sun but no fish and to top it off when i got to the ramp my prop wouldnt come up so we pulled it up by hand and tied it off. Hopefully its nothing major cause i got to keep getting out till i get it right:confused:

SuperD
06-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Tell us everything you did and we'll see if we can help you fine tune.

MadJack
06-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Well i finally got my speed right by dragging a bucket as my trolling plate did not get me down to 1-1/2 mph by itself. I guess its just down to using the right setup. I was using a pink squid behind a pink dodger and my son was using a rapala minnow behind some pop gear. The limited amount of fish we saw was anywhere from 20' to fifty ' down so we trolled at those depths.

D-Weed
06-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Mad Jack, Me and a buddy were out all day monday, and tuesday as well, boated 4fish on monday and 6 on tuesday, fished pretty hard to get the ones that we did. We started at holmes crossing both days, fished to the north on monday and to the south on tuesday,plenty of fish around, they just didnt want to play.Just keep at it things will turnaround

WYLINGIT
06-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Was out 6-6, 6-7, 6-9, and 6-10 Fishing was slow. Worked hard to land 7 kokes in 4 days biggest was on sunday @ 4.75lb, pups galore... only 9 bows over four days. Will be back out there on wednesday.