PDA

View Full Version : g.p 6/6/10

river hunter
06-07-2010, 12:31 AM
made it out there today at 6am, first stopped at thistle and it was backedup to almost the corner so we headed towards whitcomb campground and launched there. didnt even have to wait which is nice, but did notice abit of debris at the launch. any how we headed out towards the southern end of the island an wow there was a ton of crap in the water couldnt even troll without getting crap caught up in the lines or around the down riggers so we moved down the east side of the island where there was less crap in the water. an along the way we did hook a fair number of kokes, lost the majority of em to debris but did get some into our nets. then bout 9 it just flat out poured, thats it no more open boat need to invest in a bimini top for sure in the next few months. at the end of the day we put in 9 kokes and one 'bow. but lost alot more. flavor of the day was a 5.5" pink sling blade with uv pink hootchi with a few beads and silver spinner, anywhere from 20-35' of water
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/mossyoakshadoduck/0606101825.jpg

eric71m
06-07-2010, 10:22 AM
that a common hot combo at GP. 101goodpost101

DLM
06-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Sounds like I made the correct decision. I got up at 0300 and it was raining hard at the house, weather report said rain and thunder showers, went back to bed.

Cannon
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM
I did a little better, boated 16 nice Kokanee. Pink hoochie was the hot setup. I also had good luck with a clear UV hoochie. Most fish were caught at 45-50'. Pro Cure Sweet Corn Scent and a squirt of UV enhancer was the bait of choice, at least for the fish. Overall, a good day, no wind and even though the drizzle was on almost all day it was warm so with the top up, very comfortable.

kokaneekid
06-07-2010, 05:03 PM
I did a little better, boated 16 nice Kokanee. Pink hoochie was the hot setup. I also had good luck with a clear UV hoochie. Most fish were caught at 45-50'. Pro Cure Sweet Corn Scent and a squirt of UV enhancer was the bait of choice, at least for the fish. Overall, a good day, no wind and even though the drizzle was on almost all day it was warm so with the top up, very comfortable. Cannon sorry I didn't make it out to see you and the gang, I would have loved too but I was at Detroit seeing how the Kokanee game was up there. Let's just say they are very small 5 to 6 inches. Not my cup of tea.

Fish On kokaneekid

Bullitt
06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Cannon sorry I didn't make it out to see you and the gang, I would have loved too but I was at Detroit seeing how the Kokanee game was up there. Let's just say they are very small 5 to 6 inches. Not my cup of tea.

Fish On kokaneekid

That's not what I wanted to hear. I was planning on heading up there to avoid the crowds as well this weekend since I'm a noob. May still go just to get some learning out of the way.

Thanks for the report.

river hunter
06-10-2010, 01:08 PM
ill prob go there sat evening, stay in s/h then fish the morning and evening bit. got a new rig so gotta see how it pulls the sled