PDA

View Full Version : Lake Samish

Burlee
06-06-2010, 11:55 PM
A great evening bite in light rain on Lake Samish.
Put in my little 9 foot fish slayer about 5:30 and had fish-on less that 100 ft. from the boat ramp. A steady bite for the next hour, with fish 5 in the boat about 6:45.
The fish are still shallow, and still liking the orange/green wedding ring behind a sling blade. Don't forget your GULP! maggots (white). I consistantly get more bites with than without.

MackPrince
06-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Wow 15 minutes a fish. That sounds like a great trip to the lake.101goodpost101

Burlee
06-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Another good morning on the lake. In general they are moving a little deeper, but I caught fish all the way from the surface to 35 feet, with about 15 feet being the most popular today.
5 or 6 boats out today, some long lining, some jigging, some with downriggers. All seemed to be catching fish.
Red and green wedding ring tipped with a Gulp maggot stilll the ticket.

Bluknight
06-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Burlee - what size fish do you catch up there? I have family that live nearby and always debated dragging my boat up when we visit. I've never been on the lake but maybe this summer I'll give it a go. Just curious what to expect.

Burlee
06-20-2010, 11:34 PM
They run a little small, with 9 to 10 inches about average. this is my first season catching kokes, but my largest out of Samish is 12 inches.
I've seen reports that Lake Cavanaugh has produced 14 inchers, it is not too far away.
An acquaintance says Samish can produce 14+ inchers later in the year, but we are not known for large kokes up here.