PDA

View Full Version : American 6/5

Fish-Culture
06-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Fished American with my son yesterday, had a good time. We caught fish on the top rod with a Seps sidekick and kokanee candy at first light, after that caught them all over the map from 15-40. We fished all over, and fish seem really scattered. We ended up with limits, got two that were 17" on the tape. The rest were 10-13". Also one nice cutt about 15". Another one for the books before the skiers take it over-

eenakoK
06-06-2010, 12:22 PM
awesomereport

Thanks for sharing the report! I love to hate that lake!

oldguy43
06-06-2010, 01:01 PM
17 inches is a darn nice kokanee

Fish-Culture
06-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah, the big ones are beautiful fish. They are almost as big around as they are long. American can be a fickle lake thats for sure, here today gone tomorrow; thats what keeps it interesting.

kokanee_slayer
06-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I agree 17 inches is a nice fish. Thanks for the Great Report!!!

eenakoK
06-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, the big ones are beautiful fish. They are almost as big around as they are long. American can be a fickle lake thats for sure, here today gone tomorrow; thats what keeps it interesting.

The payout of fishing American is worth it. That is what keeps me going back every week. They are fat fish this year! Thanks again.

Winterun
06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Fish,

Where you and your son in an aluminum boat?

I was out there in the afternoon with my son, and his son, my grandson! We were in a blue and white smokercraft osprey.

We had time a great time on the water also. Found fish everywhere too! The fish were probably so rattled with the first nice day, they weren't used to the sound of jet skis and wake boaders!

I'll see you out there!

Winterun

Fish-Culture
06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Winterun,
Yes, that was us. We've been hitting it pretty hard lately, its been good to us. My son is getting the fever to hit the summer runs, so we will probably start hitting them soon. We will be good for a few more trips to American though.
If you see the little Hewes say Hi!

kokanee_slayer
06-07-2010, 10:22 PM
I agree with dbfield, fishing American can be a challenge however, there are some nice size fish and that keeps me coming back. I landed a 17 and two 15 inchers one day last July. So far this year, I haven't hooked into the big ones. If you see a small red Lund with a 15hp Merc, stop by and say Hi.

Winterun
06-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Fish, and Slayer,

I'll keep my eye out for you guys next time I'm out there!

Like today after work!

Guys late Sunday was good to me, very good!

See you out there!

Winterun

KOK head
06-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Right on , I went out to american on 6-9-10 first time fishing there for koks for me and landed my first one 17inchs . The west side by the trees in 60' of water 30' to 45' was just insane bunch of fish marked on the FF boated 3 smaller koks and let em go to get bigger and lost 2 bigger ones . Im new to this site and look forward to future post thanks !