PDA

View Full Version : ok,so who's bsing who?

Propnut69
06-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Last week I reported that the USFS was going to make it unlawful to unload a boat from the shore line on the gorge. I was told this from the head fish cop that was doing inspections that day. Yesterday I had a chance to talk with one of the enforcement officers from the USFS.. I ask him when the new regs were going to go into affect. He told me that there will be no new regs,as far as unloading from the shore goes. I was told that the idea to change the regs,was submitted from the Wyo game and fish dept,and the USFS said no way ,as it would be a unenforceable law. Too much shore line,and not enough officers ..When I asked the head fish cop that was there doing inspections (not the same guy as last week) he just shrugged his shoulders,and acted like he didn't know anything about it. Is really p%%%es me off when our govt agencies,that have so much control, over our recreation act like this. Then they wonder why the public does not trust them.

Oh and I did manage to catch two small kokes and one small mack yesterday morning. Then my big motor decided to go south on me,so it cut my day short. B.O.A.T. break out a thousand

Kokaholic
06-05-2010, 06:58 PM
This doesnt sound good. Big Motor? Any idea what it is.

Typical politics. laugh hyst

smokedtrout
06-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Last week I reported that the USFS was going to make it unlawful to unload a boat from the shore line on the gorge. I was told this from the head fish cop that was doing inspections that day. Yesterday I had a chance to talk with one of the enforcement officers from the USFS.. I ask him when the new regs were going to go into affect. He told me that there will be no new regs,as far as unloading from the shore goes. I was told that the idea to change the regs,was submitted from the Wyo game and fish dept,and the USFS said no way ,as it would be a unenforceable law. Too much shore line,and not enough officers ..When I asked the head fish cop that was there doing inspections (not the same guy as last week) he just shrugged his shoulders,and acted like he didn't know anything about it. Is really p%%%es me off when our govt agencies,that have so much control, over our recreation act like this. Then they wonder why the public does not trust them.

Oh and I did manage to catch two small kokes and one small mack yesterday morning. Then my big motor decided to go south on me,so it cut my day short. B.O.A.T. break out a thousand

Pretty frustrating to be told that by Game and Fish. Dishonest to the sportsmen.....and we pay their wages. Honesty is important in this AIS situation. I would sure write a letter to the Director and tell him who said that and that you sure expect more openess and honesty than that.

Propnut69
06-05-2010, 09:32 PM
This doesnt sound good. Big Motor? Any idea what it is.

Typical politics. laugh hyst

Mark,just the way the motor was acting,I'm think it a fuel delivery problem. After talking to the mech at Buckboard,and telling him what it was doing. He said it might be the high pressure side of the fuel pump going south . What ever it is,you know it wont be cheap to fix. . I just hope it fixed,before the derby.

Pretty frustrating to be told that by Game and Fish. Dishonest to the sportsmen.....and we pay their wages. Honesty is important in this AIS situation. I would sure write a letter to the Director and tell him who said that and that you sure expect more openness and honesty than that.

Tom,you are right,I think someone from the Wyo G&F should be held accountable over this. I think a letter to the Director in Cheyenne ,would be a good idea. If they want the support for this new AIS program ,we need straight talk,not more BS.

jekern1015
06-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Sounds to me like a lack of communication amongst the ranks. Every job I have had has had that problem no sense of communication between shifts and departments. I can't believe you actually expect honesty when politics are involved, that would be un-American.

halojm
06-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Yep sounds like it could be be a fuel problem Tim. I had two different problems with mine. One ended up being just a weather rotted fuel line that was allowing too much air into the system. Hit me with no warning, but was a cheap fix once I figured it out. The next was the one I told you about a few weeks back. It was one of the two fuel pumps that was bad. Not a cheap fix. Cost me almost 700 to fix that one. Good luck, make sure the pen has plenty of ink in it.