PDA

View Full Version : Noob

Bullitt
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Noob saying Hi. Been lurking for a while and thought I'd register since I have some specific questions regarding downriggers. I'm clueless when it comes to DR's and Koke's. Been fishing for chinook, coho, and steelhead most of my life and thought kokanee would be a nice change of pace and scenery.

Over the last couple of months I've been gathering gear (downriggers, rods, reel, tackle) and I'm almost ready to go. I live near Salem so will likely hit the usual places east of here.

Bduck
06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
101welcomw Noob

SuperD
06-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Bring on the questions Bullit and welcome as an official member.

DLM
06-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Welcome, it's great to have another guy from the valley, but that means just one more boat on GP.....101justkidding101101welcomw

If you have been lurking then you probably have already picked up a bunch of good information and it should be apparrent that there are no "dumb" questions here. Don't be shy about asking about anything you don't understand.

Sounds like you got a lot of gear already. Is it mounted and ready to go?

SilverBullets
06-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Welcome aboard Bullitt! Lots of great people here...don't hesitate to ask any questions. 101welcomw

Bullitt
06-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Sounds like you got a lot of gear already. Is it mounted and ready to go?

Downriggers are mounted and rigged. Got a couple new rods and I ordered some small bait casting reels from Cabela's but they are back ordered. rolleyes

When I get some time I'll post some questions in the general forum regarding how to work the downriggers. I hope the 15lb pancakes are enough weight. laugh hyst

kokaneekid
06-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Downriggers are mounted and rigged. Got a couple new rods and I ordered some small bait casting reels from Cabela's but they are back ordered. rolleyes

When I get some time I'll post some questions in the general forum regarding how to work the downriggers. I hope the 15lb pancakes are enough weight. laugh hyst

15 lbs is more than enough I use 10lbs pancakes myself.... sounds as if you have been reading up on the information thats good because you will need to use it all when you hit the lakes for these buggers. Welcome to the best site for getting honest fishing information and advice... we are all ready for the questions. We are glad to have you and are looking forward to your reports.

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

sawdustsavage
06-08-2010, 12:37 AM
101welcomw Good luck. This is a great place and a bunch of nice people more than willing to help you.101cheers101 I am in just about the same stage as you. Downriggers and electronics mounted and getting ready for my maiden trip. Like you I have grown up on the other great fish in our area. I became intrigued with kokes. It is great to be looking foreward to a new quest at 68, Best of luck to you

John

Bullitt
06-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Woohoo...reels should be in Thursday so I will be on the water this weekend. 101bananna101

I'll probably try and find some 10lb pancakes instead of the 15's. I've read a bunch of stuff but until I actually get on the water it doesnt always make sense. I've got a lot to learn so I'll probably try and find a less busy lake (if there is such a thing) so I can get a feel for it first.

101cheers101