PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake, Memorial day.

sthoge
06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Even though it rained almost all day, we had a good time and fishing wasn't too bad. It's been a family tradition, I've taken my dad out every year on Memorial day since I moved back to the area. He used to take my grandfather out on memorial day too, so I am continuing the tradition. Anyway, we started out around 7:30 in the morning, started trolling on the south west shores and within a half hour, I caught a 14 inch koke. My brother caught a couple trout.

We fished all day until 5pm, even though it was raining, it was not cold so it was an enjoyable day. Surfice water temp was 58 degrees, actually a little warmer than the are.

Our total with 6 fishing was 7 trout and 7 kokes. Most of the kokes were around 14 inches with a few around 10 to 12, one close to 16 inches. It was a great day and we got some good eatin ahead of us.

MackPrince
06-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Great report.

I miss living near Loon. Have you ever tried the night fishing there? People here in SW WA look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about night fishing for kokes.

sthoge
06-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Great report.

I miss living near Loon. Have you ever tried the night fishing there? People here in SW WA look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about night fishing for kokes.

You sent me some information last year after a poor outing and I haven't had the opertunity to go back during the night. I hope to get in some night fishing this year on Loon, we'll see.

Steve

MackPrince
06-02-2010, 07:38 PM
That's right. Wow the time flies.

Keep up with the reports!thumbsup

jameshenrique123
06-22-2010, 07:08 AM
It would be a tough day for you as it's really hard to do fishing in a rainy day but good to hear that you still enjoy your day. And your tradition looks more interesting, never heard about any such tradition before.