PDA

View Full Version : Fg 5/30 - 5/31

Lundman
06-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Just a few tips - diesel prices are HIGH in Evanston $3.15 credit or $3.09 cash. Also $3.09 at the TA truck stop. Green River had the best prices at $3.01 at the Mavrick.

Also Buckboard has started boat inspection - 3 officers - they are just trying to educate and get the word out.

On Sunday got the full WY on the water boat inspection - no problems but he didn't know how quite to approach us since we had planner boards out on both side of the boat. Kinda funny what they can see with binos at 20 feet.

Launched at Buckboard with frost on the boat on Sunday morning and headed north - this trip I brought the side planners and was glad I did. They out fished my downrigger poles 3 to 1 in the early morning. Caught macks, rainbows, and kokes on the planner boards. Fish were jumping everywhere early Sunday - I have never seen kokes jumping before but they were Sunday morning. Ended up Sunday with 4 macks, a 4 lb. rainbow and two keeper kokes.

Monday was a little tougher - fished a different area and early the side planners were the ticket - a nice 3 lb. koke and then a nice mack and then another koke 3.2 lbs. We fished until 11:30 then headed in. Attached is a picture of what was caught Monday 5/31.

Weather both days was great for springtime in Wyoming.

I'm glad I decided to head out Saturday late afternoon, traffic was not to bad and got to buckboard at about 10 pm. Also the officer's said they had rain on Saturday.

Good Luck to all on the BB tourney next weekend - the fish on the north end of the lake do seem pretty spread out and shallow.

Rasty1
06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Lundman, can I ask for you were using for tackle??

froggie
06-01-2010, 08:49 PM
From previous weather reports, looks like you had weather on your side & caught some fish, too. WTG
Froggie