PDA

View Full Version : lucky peak lately?

pescado paul
05-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Recently a buddy and I invested in a 16 foot fishing boat and tried our hand at kokanee fishing. We did all of our homework and have talked to anyone that would talk to us about it. We have really enjoyed everyone's enthusiasm as they tell us about a little trick or two they do and find success in it. We have fished lucky peak 3 to4 times and have picked up 4 to 5 fish each time. We have been fishing moon weights and line counters until we recently purchased a down rigger. Monday will be our first go at it with our new toy. It seems to me that the last few days people I have talked to say the fish have been few and far between, which brings me to my question. Is it o.k. to ask questions like where are the fish biting etc... I know some guys and gals don't share that stuff and I understand. I more need to know the dos and don'ts of the forum as it concerns to those kinds of things. I hope the fishing is good so we can learn the ins and outs to down rigging while the bite is on. How do you know when it's time to move to anderson or arrow rock? Do you ever leave lucky peak or what? Any way I enjoy what's happening here and thank you in advance.

Mojo
05-31-2010, 11:18 AM
My advice would be to fish the upper end of the lake (around Spring Shores), as that is where I have been doing the best. The fish are scattered, but they are schooled up, so if you catch a fish, swing back through that area. Keep searching till you find fish, and do not crowd other boats. We caught 2 fish on one pass one day last week, and had 3 boats rush over to sweep through that spot. We just left, disgusted at their rudeness.

As far as asking specific spots, it is kind of a waste, as the schools move...

You are doing the right things.

pescado paul
05-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanx a lot! Like you, I always am willing to put in the time and learn things on my own and we also don't believe in boat crowding. It is nice to know that fish are being caught though and it keeps us trying. Thank you again. Is everyone spoiled with the good fishing that lucky peak has had over the last few years and so not even bothering with arrow rock at all?

Mojo
05-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Arrowrock has a couple of drawbacks. 1) the road sucks. 'Nuff said there. 2) they fluctuate the water so badly the fish are never really settled. That being said we have caught some pig Kokes there the last few seasons, but I generally wait for the water to settle down a bit. I may be missing some good days, but May and early June are good for other things (like springers on the Clearwater and Salmon, and other spring fisheries).

pescado paul
06-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Thank you again,

I hope your mojo is good this year and I appreciate the insight.