PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this guy's fishing technique?

Full_Monte
05-30-2010, 10:36 AM
I thought this guy was a new fisherman, but he is a boat captain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO07LmQNDnk&feature=related

I'd be interested in your comments on his technique. I see a number of areas for improvement, but I've never had a 600lb grouper on my line, so it's easy to criticize from my lounge chair!

SmokeOnTheWater
05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Looks and sounds like the drama on my boat hooking up with a 2 1/2 lb koke!laugh hyst

skookum9
05-31-2010, 12:22 PM
He's rather excitable about his work, what more can I say? He didn't seem like the most competent fisherman I've ever watched but like you said, I've never had a fish on of this caliber either, although I would have guessed it to weigh a good bit less than the 600lbs suggested. My 68 year old father landed a 14ft sturgeon a couple years ago and I don't think this grouper outweighed that but this is the only comparable experience I know of here locally. I do hope it was obvious how the guy broke his own rod. The rod snapped where he allowed it to rest against the boat while fighting the fish. And his challenge to atheletes might have been a bit beyond his abilities. :)

Petty4life
05-31-2010, 08:08 PM
laugh hystmovie89586laugh hyst
Looks and sounds like the drama on my boat hooking up with a 2 1/2 lb koke!laugh hyst

Full_Monte
06-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Ha! As I was watching this, I was thinking that his drag was set way too tight. Maybe that was on purpose. I do know that sea bass tend to go into a hole in the rocks once hooked, so perhaps he was trying to make sure that didn't happen.

SuperD
06-17-2010, 12:28 PM
I get more of an adrenaline rush out of smaller fish that run than a brute like that. Tug a war doesn't do it for me.

Kokanee Killer
06-17-2010, 08:58 PM
its all good ,,,,,,, gotta love his passion