PDA

View Full Version : New Member Looking For Info

RJ&N
05-30-2010, 01:20 AM
Thanks to all of you for the information you are making available. I am a new member to the forum who caught my first Kokanee at Wallowa Lake last year from my flatwater kayak. I enjoyed it so much I came back to Boise and bought a small 14' fishing boat. This is my first year getting set up and my boys and I are having a ball. I was wondering if there is a list of Idaho waterways which have Kokanee? Just doesn't seem like there is much point in camping this year if I can't tie a bit of Kokanee fishing to the trip!
Thanks,
Rick

MMDON
05-31-2010, 01:29 AM
You can go to the IDF&G web site at the link below. Then select the last 3 years and the species Kokanee and it will give you plants for each area selected.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/stocking/

I hope that helps!

Don

Mojo
05-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Near Boise the lakes that have the best Koke fishing are probably Anderson Ranch, Arrowrock, Lucky Peak, Deadwood, Cascade, McCall, and Salmon Falls Creek. I'm sure I missed a few. There are some lakes in Idaho that do not get plants. If the fishing is good, it is probably being discussed on this forum somewhere...

Welcome to the forum.

RJ&N
05-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the info.

ZONKER
07-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Great post on fish and game planting. I would like to know where I can go to learn the different parts of the LP reservoir. All of the different coves and creeks, narrows and so forth.