PDA

View Full Version : Newbie !st time Green Peter 5- 21

daveo
05-29-2010, 11:51 PM
As a diehard Lake Merwin kokehead I decided to run to Green Peter Friday because daughter inlaw is about to pop a grandbaby and didnt want to be to far from home. Son and I had no idea what to do so launched about 6am and motored out to main lake and saw some boats off to the left. Headed in that general direction and stopped a couple hundred yards from what turned out to be the island and immediatley saw nice schools of kokes on the garmin. We thought we had died and went to koke heaven. It was one intense fire drill for the first half hour as we had several on at one time and also had some equipement malfunctions. Really didnt matter what bait or lure we sent down as they were getting hammered. Will say that maggots did better until 9 or so then corn seemed to work better. Ill say that what works at Merwin also works at Green Peter! We didnt limit but quit at noon with 40 or so.Sure beats the 5 fish limit at Merwin! Beautifull lake with nice fish, sure cant beat that combo ... Dave

268bull
05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum! So glad your 1st trip out on GP was a successful venture. Yes , GP is a beautiful lake (reservoir). I used to live in Sweet Home (27 yrs.) and spent many days on the water there. Even had my own guiding business on GP & Foster for a couple of years. Now living in Eugene and only get back out on the water there every couple of weeks. Again, welcome to the forum and maybe some day our paths will cross on GP.