PDA

View Full Version : First time at Odell

dob60
05-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Fished Odell for my first time Mon 5/24. 2nd time fishing for Kokes. Thanks to Snookum9- the jumpers are fun to cast to- caught 8, released 2 ( too small), but I learned a lot. I did accidently step on someones toes (wind blew me into them...). I am learning...
I used a 1/2oz Gibbs Minnow- they seemed to like the pink/white with a strip of reflective tape.
How long does the fishing for jumpers typically last?
dob60

skookum9
05-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Until the water warms up. It's usually starting to slow down by now but this year has been a very cold year and I don't think the water temp is going to climb any time soon. The best way that I know of is to call the Shelter Cove resort and ask if any of the fishermen have reported what the water temps are so you'll know if the fish are still near the surface. This is just a guess but I would think that as long as the temps were no higher than the low 50's there should still be fish near the surface, and always in the early morning and late evening.

I'm glad you had fun, that's what it's all about. Given a little time you'll begin to look forward to not only catching your limit but seeing how fast you can do it. I think the most important thing you can do to increase your success is to learn to feel the bite better and also to always have confidence in what you are doing.

Accidents do happen and you will most likely step on someone's toes a little from time to time but just learn from each mistake and try to never do something intentionally that would interfere with someone's fishing. Keep up the good fishing and thanks very much for the report!