PDA

View Full Version : Lake Stevens Derby

Winterun
05-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Even though I finished out of the money. It was a great time. Good to see alot of kokanee fisherman out there supporting this fishery.

Also, like to thank all the sponsors that helped donate their time and money to put on this 1st annual derby, and I'm looking forward to next year!

Hopefully, it's something that catches on here in Washington, and we have more at different lakes!!!

Winterun

eenakoK
05-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Even though I finished out of the money. It was a great time. Good to see alot of kokanee fisherman out there supporting this fishery.

Also, like to thank all the sponsors that helped donate their time and money to put on this 1st annual derby, and I'm looking forward to next year!

Hopefully, it's something that catches on here in Washington, and we have more at different lakes!!!

Winterun

I am going to do it next year. My boys and I will have a lot of fun. I saw a picture of from the derby! thumbsup

Kokanee Kid
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Yep, I may even get out of bed next year 101ok101

Kokonuts
05-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Winterun....

It sounds like you guys had a great time!

Mack Prince & I are holding our 2nd Annual BBQ & Get Together at Yale Lake on June 26th. Details on the Kokanee Events thread.

We would like to see some of you come down for the fun!

The fishing at Yale & Merwin has been very good so far this year! The limit at Yale is 16 fish & Merwin Is 5 so it would make a great weekend trip for you Northern Kokanee Addicts!

Kokonuts....thumbsup....

oldguy43
05-26-2010, 11:00 AM
What size do fish run at yale?

Winterun
05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
I am going to do it next year. My boys and I will have a lot of fun. I saw a picture of from the derby! thumbsup

Dave,
Your boys would have had a blast, fishing and at the awards. I think 80+ plus kids all got something for entering thanks inpart to all the sponsors so that was a good thing!

KoKonuts,
Thank you very much for the invite! I'd have to clear my calendar to make it, but with kids graduating, and heading off to college, I'm going to have to take a raincheck. But don't be surprised if you get a PM from me asking "where's the boat launch, I'm here?" I appreciate it!

Kokanee Kid,
I understand. I had to make sure my fishing buddies knew we were meeting at 3:00am to drive up there! Or else! I was so excited I didn't even sleep!

Winterun

red
05-26-2010, 06:19 PM
kokonuts i will be going to yale the last part of june .went to high school in woodland 40 years ago.retired now spend most of my time fishing .how do i get a hold of you guys .my e -male is redadams1@hotmail.com i am all so a member of ifish.net as redadams

Kokonuts
05-26-2010, 06:22 PM
What size do fish run at yale?

I havn't fished at Yale yet. But I will in the next couple weeks! From what I hear they go 10" 12" With a few a little larger.

The fish are 12"-14" Healthy & Fat at Merwin so I've been fishing there so far this year. I got started early this year in March and its been great so far!

Kokonuts...signfishin