PDA

View Full Version : Ririe Picking up

gonefishing
05-22-2010, 08:32 PM
WELL OTHER THAT THE HAIL, SNOW AND 40-50 MPH WIND GUSTS, THE FISHING WAS NOT TO BAD AT OUT THERE. I JUST USED FIRE CORN TODAY AND MOST FISH WERE 13 -14 INCHES. WATER TEMP RANGING IN THE HIGH 47 DEGREE RANGE. HOT PINK DOGERS AND HOT PINK APEX WORKED WELL. IT WAS FUN BEING ON THE WATER, BUT SOME WARM AIR AND A WINDLESS DAY WOULD MAKE IT MUCH MORE PLEASURABLE. signfishin

MMDON
05-22-2010, 10:46 PM
You are braver than I am. I canceled out. Any wind predictions over 10 mph in town means double at Ririe. I decided to work instead. (laugh)

gonefishing
05-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Tore up one of my new down rigger weights that is shapped like a fish and painted to look like Kokanee. The wind caught me and pushed me in closer than I wanted 3 times -4 times. I'll repaint.

My wife was asking, what are we doing out here. She hates that kind of wind. It really did get very interesting after 2:30 PM.

Really looking forward to a nice day up there. Soon I hope!!

PapaD
05-24-2010, 09:46 AM
You must have been fishing along a ledge. So how deep were they? OR could you even see your FF with all the snow blowing in your eyes.

gonefishing
05-24-2010, 11:48 PM
I have a canvas enclosure so my electronics was high and dry. That is except when the ice pelets were being blasted though the small few openings.

Most fish ranged in the 40 - 45 ft depth. There were areas where this fish were up at the 30 ft dept. The shallower fish were the most active.

Some schools were spread from 25 to 45 ft down. Some schools were not active. Go 1/4 mile and they were real active. Each school seemed a little different.

We marked some nice size fish so this year could be alot of fun.

The first fish I caught hit the Apex when letting the line out. It was right on the surface. Only one fish like that.