PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lake

kokphiser
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Anybody been to Bass Lake lately to fish for koks. I'm going to go next weekend and could use some help. I've lived in CA. for 34 years and never been to this Lake. Read some articles about the lake but no inside help for fishing for koks. Any help would deeply be apperciated.

HiTechKoke
09-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Welcome aboard Kokphiser - There is a pretty current thread about Bass Lake on the Fishsniffer board and it seems that fishing is still pretty good. That's one lake I have not made it to either and if you go during the season they have some whacky rules, high launch fees and tons of skiers. After Labor day though they say most of the skiers are gone and fishing is good. 17 to 19 inches is what I am hearing. Report back if you go. I am going to go to Pardee again this coming weekend to go jigging once again as it is something new and different to try.

Report back on your trip as we'd all love to hear about it and take some pictures too that you can share.

Kevin

kokphiser
10-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Well, me and my son got there on Sun. 9-28 . Got there at sunrise. First time there and lucky me I run into somebody that fished the lake alot and clued me in where to go. The lake has a very small fishing area to troll. You start at the spillway on the south side of the lake and trail north against the east shore line. The lake is about 90 ft. deep at the dam and will go up to about 60ft. Here's the clincher when trolling. Watch out for submerged trees. This lake has some tall submerged trees. I was in 60ft. of water and not paying attention to my fish finder and blam got hung up . lost one rig (dodger with spinner). No bites on trolling and I threw everything at them and I got alot of everything. Ok, so I started to think a little bit. Noticed that there was some guys out there jigging. So hear we go, jigging. Had only a small box of jigs(gibbs)and not the right poles for jigging(only had trolling poles) but went for it anyway. So I find some fish near the spillway at 35 ft. in 90 ft. of water. Jigged for about 10 min. and blam my son caught a nice size female Kok. Another 10 min. blam another one. Only thing is that this one was foul hooked on its side. I got to see it but couldn't get it in the boat. End of story . ran out of time and left smarter than when I got there. Going again next Sun. with my wife this time and I'm bringing a jigging pole and some more jigs. Have one picture need to figure out how to load it.

HiTechKoke
10-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey Kokphiser - Thanks for the report and sounds like you had some fun out there. If you send me your photo I can probably help you get it posted. I'll send you a private message.

Kevin

HiTechKoke
10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey Kokphiser - Nice fish and I added it to your post.