PDA

View Full Version : egg take at roaring Judy

bobco
09-21-2008, 09:08 AM
you colorado guys that have some time to spare may want to help out with the spawn take at the Roaring Judy by Gunnison colorado. The CDOW is always looking for help and it should start up soon. Give Dan Brauch a call at the Gunnison CDOW office. I can find the number if any one is interested, pm me.

bobco
12-27-2008, 12:14 PM
the finally tally for 2008 was 5.2 million at the Roaring Judy hatchery, down a couple of million from previous years. Really disappointed that the CDOW allows catch and release fishing for theese fish running into the hatchery, allot of mortality from that and really the egg taked should be given priority IMHO, the CDOW doesnt want to limit fishing opprutunitys is their answer. manly the flyfishing community line the banks elbow to elbow catching them "until thier arms are sore". reg changes meeting in 2009 I will tell them what I think thumbsupthumbsup

whitemontero
09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
What exactly does it take to help out with the spawn take at the Roaring Judy?

you colorado guys that have some time to spare may want to help out with the spawn take at the Roaring Judy by Gunnison colorado. The CDOW is always looking for help and it should start up soon. Give Dan Brauch a call at the Gunnison CDOW office. I can find the number if any one is interested, pm me.

bobco
09-01-2009, 10:55 PM
the fish go into raceways , need to be netted,then the eggs squeezed out of the girls and the boys get a milked, then the 2 go together and something about the birds and the bees :) they allways need help doing thoose things ...

silverkoke
09-03-2009, 05:19 PM
i would love to help them but i live in thornton , i think i might try to voulnteer for the granby run on a weekend tho , i agree i fish the taylor every august at 3 river , i dont bother the kokes in the gunny or the east , i believe you on the fly fisherman up there , they take forever to land them and therefore exjuast them to the point they get stressed out and die, i think if they did close the river from august to whenever they were completed it would be the best for the salmon and for their egg take , they close the spillway at shadow mountain so the kokes can come up , so i dont see why they wouldent do it , and for them saying about fishing opportunity , there is plenty of lakes streams and rivers for people to fish up in gunnison

bobco
09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
i would love to help them but i live in thornton , i think i might try to voulnteer for the granby run on a weekend tho , i agree i fish the taylor every august at 3 river , i dont bother the kokes in the gunny or the east , i believe you on the fly fisherman up there , they take forever to land them and therefore exjuast them to the point they get stressed out and die, i think if they did close the river from august to whenever they were completed it would be the best for the salmon and for their egg take , they close the spillway at shadow mountain so the kokes can come up , so i dont see why they wouldent do it , and for them saying about fishing opportunity , there is plenty of lakes streams and rivers for people to fish up in gunnison
that is a real hot topic, I brought it up at the alke trout meeting in Montrose last week, the head Hatchey dude out of Denver Gerlich about hit the cieling about that one :) , politics trumps science on this one!!