PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa Sat.

gon troln
05-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Hit the lake with about 80 other boats in search for the kokes. Started out on south side working the bumps for no joy. Move out to the main channel and along the edge for my first. Came on a pink squid and blue tire track at 15'. Long story short it was a little slow for me. Nothing seemed to be consistent, lots of gear changing. Chased them down to 30' and a variety of colors later ended the day with four and two jumps and ldr's. Sorry no pic's this time. On the way back to Capel I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye.........and there they were. Two stranded kids on jet skis. So motored over and sure enough they both had ran out of gas and cold. The water was at 68 deg. So I drug them bag to Capel only being able to idle as any faster drug the noses of the skis down into the water. Well maybe this will be my good luck deed and the fish gods will smile at me next time. Until next time!

HiTechKoke
05-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Hit the lake with about 80 other boats in search for the kokes. Started out on south side working the bumps for no joy. Move out to the main channel and along the edge for my first. Came on a pink squid and blue tire track at 15'. Long story short it was a little slow for me. Nothing seemed to be consistent, lots of gear changing. Chased them down to 30' and a variety of colors later ended the day with four and two jumps and ldr's. Sorry no pic's this time. On the way back to Capel I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye.........and there they were. Two stranded kids on jet skis. So motored over and sure enough they both had ran out of gas and cold. The water was at 68 deg. So I drug them bag to Capel only being able to idle as any faster drug the noses of the skis down into the water. Well maybe this will be my good luck deed and the fish gods will smile at me next time. Until next time!

Yep we did lots of gear changing as well. I hope you educated the jet skiers on being courteous to the fisherman and not to buzz them within 100 yards!

gon troln
05-18-2010, 03:38 PM
You know that subject did come up and the checking of the gas tank theory!
They could not believe how many people just cruised by them. nananana