PDA

View Full Version : May 14th-16th Gorge Report

Lundman
05-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Took the wife and headed to the Gorge on Friday about noon - ran into a rain and hail storm and some standard Wyoming clouds... stopped in Evanston to buy the reciprocal stamps and the $30 muscle decal... well long story short no one anywhere could sell you the decal until Monday.. even at Lucerne they told the same story... but they will be available Monday going forward.

The weather was fairly nice when we arrived at about 4 p.m. at Lucerne - bought a yearly pass and stamps and launched - FYI - the boat launch slot on west side has some holes that I would avoid but the center and outside(far east) were good. Headed to the canyon to get out the the chop and get all the equipment working - We were not fishing the tourney. Couldn't get one downrigger working until later that night on shore - had to re-wire the plug. Stopped at the NEW cleaning station and all the fish that were being cleaned were small Macks - no Kokes. Went over to swim beach to camp for the night and paid my $10 to the roving camp hostess patrol.

Saturday morning go up and headed to Holmes crossing to get some kokes - had all the equipment working and was on the water by 8 - remember the wife was my co-pilot. tooexcited

We hit it hard until 1:30 - caught one 26" mack and that's it - talked to several other boats (tourney & non-tourney) that completely stuck out. We took an afternoon break and then went back out for a short 45 mins before dark and zip-O. Cleaned the mack and camped at Holmes Crossing.

Sunday - Got up a little earlier and was on the water by 7 am - headed up to Jared's triangle (toward buckboard). Dropped down all the gear and at 8:10 hooked a nice koke - fought great (no jumps) - ended up putting a 22" in the live well. Then 40 mins later got a fat 16" koke and 30 mins later got our last fish - a nice 14" koke.

Trolled until 11 and then headed down to the farm house - lots of boats but no action. Again talked to several boats - only rainbows and pups. So I am guessing my fish would have been in the money - oh well 101faceslap101

Water temps up by Buckboard 45 to 47 - Holmes Crossing 47 to 49...

Attached is the picture of the big koke... it will be interesting to see to tourney results.

As usual - one lure & one pole caught all the fish - had a couple other strikes when I put the same lure on another pole but never hooked up.

I'll give all you Koke hounds my one vital piece of info - all fish were caught at 13 feet - the top rod on a stacked setup.

Good Luck...

Bduck
05-17-2010, 09:12 AM
You could have gotten you temporary Wyoming AIS certificate on line prior to headin' to the Gorge. Looks like everything worked out OK. I hope the fishing will start picking up when I head up. Maybe at least a day this next weekend. You sure you weren't beer huntin' and not koke. laugh hyst