PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake 5.15.2010

eenakoK
05-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Instead of going to American, I headed to Clear Lake. I had never been there before today and it was a great little lake. My kids were troopers and were ready to leave the house at 4:40am to head out. We got there and by the time we had everything set up, the sun was starting to break over the Horizon.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Fishing/Clear%20Lake%205152010/DSC07462.jpg

I was very lucky to meet Kokanee_Slayer out on the water and he put me in the right direction of where to go. Right after I talked to him, we started hooking fish. The kids were having a blast and in the middle of it all said "we want to come here and not American" At least they want to go fishing!! We ended up getting 14 with at least double or triple that amount hooked up. These fish averaged 10 inches. Small I know, but the kids didn't care at all! Spinners were what was on the menu today..

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Fishing/Clear%20Lake%205152010/DSC07469.jpg

Clear Lake is a great little lake and very beautiful. I will be back again this next weekend to take a couple of people out. Here is a picture of what stares you in the face as you are fishing, no complaining from me.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Fishing/Clear%20Lake%205152010/DSC07464.jpg

Bduck
05-16-2010, 02:48 PM
awesomereport To those kids, the size of the fish were big and having a few stretch out will give them bragging rights. signfishin

eenakoK
05-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Thank you! It was a lot of fun to let them try and do it all by themselves. Well, my 7 year old could handle it after I released it from the downrigger. My 5 year old, I still have to hold the pole for him. It makes me very happy that they are getting into it! The conversation between the two of them has been, I caught more fish than you! They are now patiently waiting for the next fishing adventure.

smokin' Kokes
05-16-2010, 05:08 PM
you are a lucky dad and your sons are lucky boys to grow up in a fishing family.
memories and learned growing up skills that will last a lifetime

any whooper fish stories yet?
any bragging at the dinner table when THEIR fish are served?

thank you for the pictures and please keep them coming

any kokes in Big Lake or Lake Cavanaugh south of Clear Lake?

kokanee_slayer
05-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Nice pics and GREAT Report. It was a pleasure meeting you and your boys. I'm glad those two guys were able to bring in some fish. Nothing better than taking the kids out fishing. In another year or so when they get a little older, you will see me out there with the twin grandkids

eenakoK
05-17-2010, 12:53 AM
you are a lucky dad and your sons are lucky boys to grow up in a fishing family.
memories and learned growing up skills that will last a lifetime

any whooper fish stories yet?
any bragging at the dinner table when THEIR fish are served?

thank you for the pictures and please keep them coming

any kokes in Big Lake or Lake Cavanaugh south of Clear Lake?

The biggest whopper story that has been going around is that my 7 year old's first fish was a sockeye from the last Lake Washington season. He likes to inform me that his fish beats my first fish (8 inch trout)..

I am not sure about the lakes south of Clear. I normally fish American and now I am trying to expand my options!

Nice pics and GREAT Report. It was a pleasure meeting you and your boys. I'm glad those two guys were able to bring in some fish. Nothing better than taking the kids out fishing. In another year or so when they get a little older, you will see me out there with the twin grandkids

I can't wait to see you out there with your grandkids! Usually my dad is fishing with us and we have a blast fishing with Grandpa! Thanks again for the snickers, my kids LOVED them! See you out on the water soon!

Thank you everyone for the comments and support. I am enjoying the process of getting the kids into fishing!!

Kokanee Kid
05-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Good time brother!
Keep fishing with the lil guys every chance you get. Before you know it they will be all grown up, and into chasing girls, sports, etc.

awesomereport

Captain Kid
05-19-2010, 10:28 PM
HI dbfield,
Thanks for the great report, I live about 20 minutes from Clear lake and will be fishing this Saturday. If you are out there It would be great to meat you. I have never fished this lake so I will be looking for some good advice??
See you on the water,

Captain Kid

eenakoK
05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
I will be out on Saturday. I will be in a red Starcraft boat. Come by and Say hello, I will be on the water around 5:30 or so.. What type of gear do you have?

Captain Kid
05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi dbfield, thanks for the great report. I'm going to be fishing at Clear Lake on Saturday and am looking for some good advice. I have never fished this lake so anything will help.

Thanks

kokanee_slayer
05-23-2010, 01:50 PM
If you go to Clear might want to be alert as I am hearing reports about vehicle break-ins in the parking lot. I guess they had some yesterday. Two years ago there was a also a rash of them and I was one of the unlucky victims.

eenakoK
05-23-2010, 03:11 PM
If you go to Clear might want to be alert as I am hearing reports about vehicle break-ins in the parking lot. I guess they had some yesterday. Two years ago there was a also a rash of them and I was one of the unlucky victims.

That is no good. I had a friend fish down there yesterday and he said that he saw broken glass. I will keep an eye out, thank you for the heads up!