PDA

View Full Version : Angle Lake

fishing bear
05-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Well the Kokanee have finally decided to start schooling up at my home lake after 2 weeks of not being able to find them. Hit the lake at 6:00 AM and hit the spots where I have found them before and found a school that was around 25' to 30' set the rigger at 21' and 50' behind the boat and fish on. 3 passes and 3 fish to the boat. So I went over to the south side and same thing 2 passes and 2 fish to the boat. The only problem is they are small this year 8" to 9" not like the 14" to 16" I caught 2 years ago. The WDFG did not plant any fish for the 2009 season so I guess I will have to wait for them to grow up. All fish were lightly hook so returned to grow up.

Still a great day on the water.

Kokanee Kid
05-16-2010, 12:53 AM
That's dissapointing, the size of kokes that is. Thatnks for the head's up. I keep ya posten on my koke fishing exploits 101chromefish101

smokin' Kokes
05-16-2010, 05:20 PM
amazing that such a small lake in a highly developed suburban area with homes and estates lining most of the lake still produces kokes.

they tend to need clean uncontaminated water. most suburban areas produce too much road and parking lot asphalt runoff, lawn fertilizer runoff and other pollutants into local non flushing lakes to produce any fish. the summer oxygen levels are depleted by the heavy overload of biomass, killing the type of plankton kokes need and stunting the kokes.

the city of SeaTac must be enforcing strict runoff laws there to protect the lake.
I've seen the catastrophic damage done to Puget Sound and it's sport fisheries by the overdevelopement and runoff pollution. don't even bother to fish east of Port Angeles anymore.

fishing bear
05-16-2010, 06:14 PM
2 years ago Kokanee Kid and I were catching 14" to 16" fish out of this lake. They must be doing something right.

ferretsrule
05-30-2010, 01:46 AM
this is my first time going to fish for kokanee. an I am going to angle lake wish me luck!

fishing bear
05-31-2010, 09:10 PM
I wish I had seen your post earlier. I have fished this lake quite a bit and might have been able to give you some information on where and what to use.

Let me know how you did.