PDA

View Full Version : 2010 new stuff

Kokonuts
05-13-2010, 10:22 PM
1446 This is a 12"x24" foam board with a picture frame around it . This side holds 12 lures

1447 Side #2 holds 10 dodgers and 10 lures

1448 Beads with a yarn ball to hold scent in the center

1449 These are some lure bodies I found from an Estate Sale. 1 5/8" long, ready to rig up

1450 I bought all they had at 4 for $1.00
48 total. Soooo anyone want to trade?

It helps to be a little bit NUTS or just Kokonuts!

Petty4life
05-14-2010, 12:13 AM
101smilie101can you post some bigger pictures?

SuperD
05-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Here is a bigger picture of the funky lures. They originally all came in orange so I'm giving some more color to them.
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/8296/koknuts.jpg

SilverBullets
05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know the name of that lure or who made it?

sawdustsavage
05-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Not positive but I think they were called Wabbling Willys. I saw them years ago on the beach salmon fishing.

Full_Monte
05-20-2010, 06:35 AM
I've never seen these before. They look like they might have the action of an Apex or Flatfish. Certainly it's worth a try. I'm sure there are a lot of great lures that weren't commercially successful. Sometimes, having a lure that's different can create interest in the Kokes, especially if they get a lot of lure passes every day.

Fish-Culture
06-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Those small plastic wigglers look "lil' guys" made by Maxwell manufacturing out of Vancouver WA, they were made in the 1970's and were designed for drift fishing for steelhead. They were also the original manufaturer of the Okie drifter prior to being bought out by Luhr Jensen. Pretty cool find.

Kokonuts
06-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Those small plastic wigglers look "lil' guys" made by Maxwell manufacturing out of Vancouver WA, they were made in the 1970's and were designed for drift fishing for steelhead. They were also the original manufaturer of the Okie drifter prior to being bought out by Luhr Jensen. Pretty cool find.

Thanks for the info! Did you ever try them?
I also got some flat ones that are bent at the same angle & about the same size. They are completely flat & about 1/2 wide x 1 1/2" long x 1/16" thick. They also had larger sizes of these, up to 3"-4" long. I havnt tried them yet!

Kokonuts

Fish-Culture
06-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I caught a couple steelhead on them. My dads tackle box only had a few in them, and it didnt take me long to deplete his stash when I first started drift fishing. They have a nice seductive wiggle to them when drift fished on the swing. I have an old "Fishing Holes" magazine that has an advertisement for them in it, thats how I recognized them. I have never tried them for kokes, I am sure they will work, similar to an apex but larger profile.

SilverBullets
06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
That's some great information right there Fish-Culture! How was the lure rigged up for steelhead... Was it made to provide wobble/floatation back to a egg sac?

Fish-Culture
06-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Kokonuts,
It took me some time searching through my old Fishing Holes magazines, but I found it!! Like a trip down memory lane... kind of sad actually to see all of the steelhead fisheries we have lost up here since those articles were written, but thats another story. I will try to get it scanned or copied next week and get it out to you.
Silverbullets,
The ad shows it tied up between two hooks, with 3-4 beads stacked above the bottom hook, similar to how the old Okie drifters used to come pre-rigged on the two hook leader. I remember drift fishing it below two hooks; it is intended to be fished without bait for maximum wiggle. The ad shows it can be plunked and trolled as well.

Kokonuts
06-15-2010, 01:44 PM
With some help from Fish-Culture I have found that our Funky Lure is really a "LIL' GUY" made by Grizzly for Steelhead back in the 1970's!

I found a good picture of one still in the package on E-Bay under Antique Lures but it was all ready sold!

And the best news is that they really work on Kokanee! I tried them out last Sat. at Merwin & caught 2 on a VERY S L O W day! I have several painted up now, the one I used on Sat. is a very light Green/Silver color that I greated using a Chartuse dip and & my special silver sparkle nail polish!

Sooo for those of you that can make it to the Vail Lake Fish In & BBQ" on the 26th, I'll have them ready for you!

Kokonuts.......signfishin

Fish-Culture
07-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey Kokonuts,
Received the Lil Guys, Thanks so much!! Cant wait to try them-
Pretty impressive paint job on the one you customized, really like the "racing stripes" on the chartreuse model.

Kokonuts
07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Glad that you liked them!

Ive caught a couple of nice Kokes at Lake merwin with them and still playing with different paint jobs!

I have sent several out to other members and I would really like to hear if they have caught any yet!

Kokonuts......signfishin

Pogue
07-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Glad that you liked them!

Ive caught a couple of nice Kokes at Lake merwin with them and still playing with different paint jobs!

I have sent several out to other members and I would really like to hear if they have caught any yet!

Kokonuts......signfishin

I'm putting these in the mail tomorrow, hope you like em!

sambo
07-07-2010, 01:34 AM
tooexcitedtooexcitedI own a couple of these, dont know where I got em,but they worked at melones,killer action.sprayed glow on em!

Kokonuts
07-07-2010, 08:33 AM
WoW! Thats great!

What colors are you using? How do you rig them?
I think that they make a good kokanee lure!

awesomereport.....Kokonuts