PDA

View Full Version : Simtustus Report

Fallriverguy
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
My son-in-law and I fished Simtustus 59 from 5:30 to 9:30. We spent a fruitless hour jigging by the dam. I always heard that is the ticket first thing in the morning, but I have never got it dialed in. It was a waste of an hour. We trolled down the narrows and picked up a few fish. We ended up spending the rest of the morning down by the white slide. We finished with 6 fish all caught on hoochies.

5/12 I fished from 5:30 to 7:30 am solo and got my 5 kokanee by 7:30. I trolled by the white slide area again. I ended the day with a double.

I fished mostly between 18 and 35 feet deep and 1.2 mph. Both corn and maggots worked. All fish accept one was caught using sling blade dodger and hoochies. Pink and a custom tri-colored R&K hoochie caught about 3/4 of the fish. The other fish were caught with pink Pline hoochie or a yellow/red spatter back pew wee hoochie. The fish were 12-13 inches and in good shape.

SilverBullets
05-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the report FRG... Sounds like you guys ended up doing pretty good!thumbsup

southside
05-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the great report.
I have fished this lake in late July early August and have been only able to catch the fin clipped steelhead they put in there. I have seen some very nice size brown trout up in the narrows but could not get them to bite.
Peace, Tom